Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Issues

Sound Issues

Hello Everyone,
    Is there anyone else out there having this problem? When I start up the game I hear music right up until I actually join a server. When I do all sound stops except voice chat.... I may also be having problems with some menu's but I might be misunderstanding somethings and expecting stuff that is not yet there.
    Any thoughts? I'd be playing like mad but roleplaying a psychic deaf guy gets old after a moment.

USA Lieutenant General

Can you please describe the issue in more depth? I think I understand what you're saying but not quite.
    @: Steel Scholar

Certainly Sir.

WOR itself loads fine at first. On the Main menu and Server Browser I hear the music playing in the background. However, as soon as I pick a server and join the actual map all ambient effects and sounds completely stop except "N voice chat". I maybe hear 2 seconds of anything before it goes silent... Play seems otherwise unaffected aside from an occasional crash which I just suspect is par for an Alpha course.

P.S.: I have since learned that the things I'm expecting to see on the class selection screen are not live yet.

Thank you for your response!
    Last edited by Steel Scholar; 06-22-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Scholar View Post
    Certainly Sir.

WOR itself loads fine at first. On the Main menu and Server Browser I hear the music playing in the background. However, as soon as I pick a server and join the actual map all ambient effects and sounds completely stop except "N voice chat". I maybe hear 2 seconds of anything before it goes silent... Play seems otherwise unaffected aside from an occasional crash which I just suspect is par for an Alpha course.

P.S.: I have since learned that the things I'm expecting to see on the class selection screen are not live yet.

So you have no audio what so ever while playing? That's the first time I've heard about an issue such as that.

- Trusty

Yes sir,
    and as a side note my SOUND option menu is totally grey'd out... I don't know if that is correct or not.

Sound options isn't in-game yet.

Really doesn't make much sense your issue. The game uses your default speakers and audiocard. It's even more strange you're getting audio in the menu.

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Scholar View Post
    Yes sir,
    and as a side note my SOUND option menu is totally grey'd out... I don't know if that is correct or not.
    Tried updating sound drivers? So you do not hear any rifle firing or anything while playing?
    Civil War Ancestors:

Which sound card do you have? Or which motherboard do you have? Are you sure your sound card drivers are the most recent ones? Also make sure DirrctX is fully updated: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

Are you playing other games where the audio is working fine? Which ones?

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Which sound card do you have? Or which motherboard do you have? Are you sure your sound card drivers are the most recent ones? Also make sure DirrctX is fully updated: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

Are you playing other games where the audio is working fine? Which ones?
    Fancy, do you guys have a way for users to get their dxdiag to you? or just post a screenshot in the forum? is that part of bug reporting? I would think you'd grab dxdiag results from user pc's, but I suppose that would require permission. Are you saying you're not metasploiting in with a reverse shell and exfiltrating dxdiag results? LOL
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Lieutenant General

Haven't seen this issue before in my own experience.. I highly doubt it's the game itself if anything, it's most likely your computer. Do what Fancy said and update all those things, that should most likely fix it.