Thread: Empty Fields

Empty Fields

As it stands in its early alpha stage War Of Rights is visually stunning and when one can get into a fight with thirty or more players the gameplay is amazing. With the smoke of battle and Minnie ball whizzing past your head or enemy soldiers charging at you with cold steel the game is very immersive.

However being a European I find that most of the time when I log onto the game the servers are empty (I know its in alpha). So you think to yourself "I know I shall go spend some time at the target range and wait for people to come online" but after having read some posts on the forum it seems the target range does not mimic the ballistics used in game, making one think that one is a far better shot. This means that going to the rifle range to improve your shooting is almost completely pointless, rather than improving your shooting all you are doing is time wasting!

I realise that fixing the shooting range ballistics may not be a priority to the development team but it would much improve the game for many and would allow us to hone our shooting to perfection.

listed below are just some suggestions.

1. fix rifle range ballistics.
    2. Human shaped targets (not essential but makes shooting more fun and can help teach people to judge distance on the battlefield)
    3. Range markers on the rifle range (wooden posts painted white at 25 or 50 yard intervals).
    4. More room to shoot (moving the targets farther away so players can practice musketry at longer ranges).

thank you for your time.

kind regards
    Raggy
    Sergeant Ragnar Hairy Trousers
    [B]

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar hairy trousers View Post
    As it stands in its early alpha stage War Of Rights is visually stunning and when one can get into a fight with thirty or more players the gameplay is amazing. With the smoke of battle and Minnie ball whizzing past your head or enemy soldiers charging at you with cold steel the game is very immersive.

However being a European I find that most of the time when I log onto the game the servers are empty (I know its in alpha). So you think to yourself "I know I shall go spend some time at the target range and wait for people to come online" but after having read some posts on the forum it seems the target range does not mimic the ballistics used in game, making one think that one is a far better shot. This means that going to the rifle range to improve your shooting is almost completely pointless, rather than improving your shooting all you are doing is time wasting!

I realise that fixing the shooting range ballistics may not be a priority to the development team but it would much improve the game for many and would allow us to hone our shooting to perfection.

2. Human shaped targets (not essential but makes shooting more fun and can help teach people to judge distance on the battlefield)
    3. Range markers on the rifle range (wooden posts painted white at 25 or 50 yard intervals).
    4. More room to shoot (moving the targets farther away so players can practice musketry at longer ranges).

thank you for your time.

kind regards
    Raggy
    I guess they can add like Union scarecrows as target practice and vise versa, that'd be cool! Great suggestion

CSA Captain

Great suggestions, these are a must.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Thank you Mr Caldwell
    [B]

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar hairy trousers View Post

thank you for your time.

kind regards
    Raggy

I like each and every suggestion here... very good ideas, and would seriously improve all aspects of the game... (just hope it doesn't take a huge amount of effort to do it.)
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

It should i assume be very easy to implement sir.
    [B]

CSA Major General

ironic I know.. but was in a 64v64 battle .. crashed and cant get back in.. so there are times when you have to fight just to fight LOL
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.