Saturdays
    (EU) 3pm EST
    (NA) 8pm EST

Organized Line Battles

Sundays
    (EU) 3pm EST
    (NA) 8pm EST

NOTE:
    - I put all times Eastern, since that seems to be WoR base. Convert as you need.
    - There are 2 events each day ... one at 3pm the other at 8 pm to accommodate different time zones.
    - They called them EU and NA but really it is set up for anyone to attend any of them ... or all if you wish.
    Hope that clears it up
    This is correct.

The Sunday round-table was a success. We had around 35 officers attend from the community and we worked out the above schedule and some basic rules. We will be making a new thread with more details later today so keep your eyes out.
    Join Today
    Click Above

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Stockton View Post
    This is correct.

The Sunday round-table was a success. We had around 35 officers attend from the community and we worked out the above schedule and some basic rules. We will be making a new thread with more details later today so keep your eyes out.
    Hi ,

Will you guys be making an official thread for the round-table NA & EU events with the times and rules that came from the meeting?

USA Captain

Think it's about time I say my piece on this matter, As everyone who attended the meeting even I had a bit to say although I was drinking heavily *Not an alcoholic it was a Sunday*

As for my opinion on the round table meeting I felt like it was more american based meeting. Most of the larger EU communities such as Myself, Bravescots 42ndPA and Stalin Lighting Battalion all know each other and attended this meeting we all have in mind what kind of style we wanted to play and times and dates. All that meeting for me way to establish a good time and date to host a event and also show my face around the community.

As for Dutchconfederate post on regarding the "Round-table will have it's own events" Kinda imply that the round-table is now a community that will host events such as a for example a main NA one that fine by me but as a EU person I'll have to attend EU event which in the meeting we rarely spoke about

As for the community captains what were picked I felt it was a wrong way to go about it we should of used some form of voting system on who to elect as the community rep

And everyone and anyone should be able to create an event, As for the meetings It was nice to gather all commanders in one place to talk about the upcoming hopeful all of use EU member should get together one day and have a talk

USA Captain

I would like to propose another round table meeting to clear the air and to discuss some the issues that both sides seem to be having with each other, and in keeping with the theme of this being a round table I would like to host this one on my TeamSpeak: 149.202.23.139:9995 . My proposed date/time is Sunday 9th July, 9pm BST/ 4pm EST. The agenda will mostly pertain as to the rules of how to conduct these meetings in future to avoid filibustering and repetition and how each region should manage their events in respect to choosing the "Community Representatives".

CSA Captain

I agree with all points, Stalin, though I ask what you mean by "community representatives?" As far as I know, only points of contact were chosen for setting up events.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    I agree with all points, Stalin, though I ask what you mean by "community representatives?" As far as I know, only points of contact were chosen for setting up events.
    If I am not mistaken, the people assigned by the round table to make events were called this if not it is only a simple error and something that will be discussed.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Fore the sake of clarity I make this post;

For around a month myself and a few other officers kicked around the idea of a community officers meeting. After talking with more unit commanders, it was clear that most people thought it would be a great idea to breathe a little life back into the Alpha Skirmishes. We set the meeting day a week in advance and began spreading the word. On Sunday we had 42 TOTAL officers at the start of the meeting. My goal was to make sure everyone had a chance to kick around some ideas and see what we came up with. For those that could not attend, these where the guidelines I set at the start of the meeting.

1. If someone is speaking, do not shout over them. If you would like to add something either wait till they are finished or post a message in the TS text chat and I would guarantee that you responded next. Note: there were some exceptions where I had to speak over people to keep it moving on track because I wanted the meeting to run no more than an hour and a half.

2. If it seemed that people were in agreement verbally, we would not vote. So if you disagreed you would need to speak up.

3. If it seemed that some officers DID disagree, we would vote and see what everyone thought. After the vote I would ask the people in the minority to speak and let everyone hear their thoughts.

The 3 main things we wanted to discuss during the meeting where what times, what rules, and how to make it all work together.

We opened with settling on having EU friendly time events and NA friendly time events on both Saturday and Sunday. So that means 4 total events on the weekends giving as many people a chance to get into an event. First asked the NA guys to hold any discussion and let the officers with primarily EU groups discuss EU times. These officers came to a concise decision that 3pmEST/8pmBST would be the best time to hold events. Next the NA officers bounced between a few options but settled on a similar NA time of 8pm EST. However during this discussion some people began talking about other things beside the time slots so it took a little longer to finalize.

* At this time a few officers muted there TS

We began to discuss the best way to keep the events organized, and we came up with the idea that a few volunteers come forward and be the Point of Contact for the respective event times. We asked for volunteers, not elected representatives of communities. These volunteer’s jobs would be to receive the message from the units that wanted to attend the event for his assigned time. The point of contact would balance the teams before hand and send reminders when it was time for the events.

*At this time Maj. Stone(Bravescot) had a personal incident come up, that we have already talked about in private, and he had to leave.

We then went over all of the details and covered these key bullet points.

-Saturday & Sunday EU & NA Community Events (Saturday being Skirmish & Sunday being Organized Line Battles)
    -Official times for events on both days
    -Official Organizers of these events
    -Number of men who should be Officers & NCO's
    -Double Rank Line battles with a small amount of men as skirmishers
    -Maneuvers and Tactics allowed at the Organized line battle events
    -Pre-planning before events begin among the Officers to ensure fairness and fun for all who attend
    -New commanders for each engagement (map) to allow all a chance to lead
    -Reinforcement rates, how many men must be mustered before leaving spawn point to reengage in the fighting
    -How to include the men not with a company (Including others in the community without a company)
    -How to help advertise War of Rights to those who have yet to get the game (Youtubers...ect,ect.)
    -There will be room to modify the specifics of these rules when the attending officers meet before each event

By the time we finished, all of the officers seemed to be in agreement with these guidelines and the meeting was an overall success. The meeting run-time from start to finish was 1hr and 38min.

This meeting was never supposed to be about who ran these events. It was about getting open communication between unit commanders and making it possible to have large events to participate in. The biggest takeaway from Sunday night is that there are large number of people wanting to have some basic organization in this stage of the game and are willing to talk about it. My personal opinion is that if these EU officers want to hold this event, during the EU time, it does not change anything and I am still very happy with the results. In the end, there is still the same amount of events on the weekend, but one of them will ran by these officers and with their own rules they created outside of the round-table.

If anyone would like to dispute any of the statements above there were around 40 officers attending and a few people recorded the event.
    Join Today
    Click Above

Sorry For Being So Late, Im Uploading The Meeting On YouTube Now, 52 Minutes Of Actual Meeting And 20 Minutes Of Us Killing Each Other, Covering 4 Wars And Talking About The EU
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasHBates

1st New York Battery A, Empire Battery

CSA Captain

Thanks Thomas, we'll all appreciate the clarity it provides.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasHBates

1st New York Battery A, Empire Battery