Thread: Bayonet in Melee

USA Major

Bayonet in Melee

My video card isn't quite up to the game so I can't be sure if what I am seeing is really what is happening so I hope someone else can confirm.

When using the bayonet to melee is the only way you can kill is Left Clicking with the gun properly lined up and right distance from the target?

Or is it possible to kill when in melee mode with the bayonet by using Shift key to go into Charge?
    The animation shows you charging with your gun and bayonet positioned forward but it is unclear from my PC whether I have ever killed that way. So far it looks like it still requires you to left click to thrust and kill.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Lightfoot

USA Major

You need to left click, to kill. However my graphics card is also poop so I'm not sure.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Captain

I've seen times where either running into a bayonet or running into an enemy without actually thrusting has killed them. I don't know if it was a bug or if the bayonet decides to turn into a lightsaber sometimes.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    I've seen times where either running into a bayonet or running into an enemy without actually thrusting has killed them. I don't know if it was a bug or if the bayonet decides to turn into a lightsaber sometimes.
    I have seen the enemy apparently do it. If it works I believe it will only happen if you are holding the Left Shift key down in melee mode but I can't be sure. My video card tends to run at about 20 fps at best. I've been shot by people who screen wise hadn't apparently even raised their gun making me think they were friendlies.
    Lightfoot