Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (N)CO's being able to "grab" privates.

Interesting idea.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

This is an excellent suggestion! I hope to see it in game!

CSA Captain

I like it. It would save time and effort on the players part in organising columns and formations. Even allowing the Officer to move the unit as a whole!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    I like it. It would save time and effort on the players part in organising columns and formations. Even allowing the Officer to move the unit as a whole!
    Heavens no. We are not fans of effectively eliminating all actual players except of one (the officer controlling everyone else) That is never going to be a thing.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Shame, for clan battles this would be ideal getting to the action. The OP said the players would choose or 'allow' the Officer to grab them giving the player the choice and control.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

For reeorganization, sure, however control over an entire company is a ridiculous notion. The point is to have players fighting in civil war line battles, not to appease some person who calls themself an officer and wants to feel cool.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Sounds like turning actual players into semiautonomous AI.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Sounds like turning actual players into semiautonomous AI.
    Or just making it easier for players to move as a unit to battlefront 'where the action is'.

Look, I'm happy as is, I'm just exploring ideas...Ive had experience before with devs and forum members getting hot under the collar at my suggestions, im just thinking out loud.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Or just making it easier for players to move as a unit to battlefront 'where the action is'.

Look, I'm happy as is, I'm just exploring ideas...Ive had experience before with devs and forum members getting hot under the collar at my suggestions, im just thinking out loud.
    No worries. There's a thread dedicated to the discussion of locked up players. It was debated quite a lot.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I dont like the term 'locked', players should and could be allowed to opt in or out!

I'm surprised however at the horror from some members. Which scenario would you prefer visually, the current 'rag tag' lines of either quick time or charging soldiers desperate to form some sort of column, or the well drilled company marching towards the guns?

For me its not a case of semiautonomous AI, its more a case of immersion and ease of play. Its no different in reality to a group of players in ARMA3 jumping into a truck 'driven by someone else' and then disembarking at the front. Exploring the idea of a player chosen column group is a valid one in my humble opinion.
    4th Texas 'C' Company