Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Skirmish Battle

USA Brigadier General

not only you
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Your Nation and Regiment call's . . . Family must wait ;o)

Lucky me, My daughter is grown up, left home long ago. My wife . . . WoR is more attractive, even on a saturday night.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Your Nation and Regiment call's . . . Family must wait ;o)

Lucky me, My daughter is grown up, left home long ago. My wife . . . WoR is more attractive, even on a saturday night.
    lol
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Captain

Proposed rule change: Only standing is permitted behind fences, no kneeling.

Kneeling allowed based on the Devs stating yet again, the Fences work as intended!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Proposed rule change: Only standing is permitted behind fences, no kneeling.

Kneeling allowed based on the Devs stating yet again, the Fences work as intended!
    Aye, we know this but we still have kept the rule to see how much it changes the flow of the engagement at maps like Sunken Lane or Hooker's Push

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Aye, we know this but we still have kept the rule to see how much it changes the flow of the engagement at maps like Sunken Lane or Hooker's Push
    It seems to favour the Union as the fences are vital for the Confederacy in protecting the Farm house and other defensive positions.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

It seems to favour the Union as the fences are vital for the Confederacy in protecting the Farm house and other defensive positions.
    It is meant to be. These matches become a massive slug fest and we want to see if we can get them move dynamic.

Recordings of the event from the view points of HatashiCZ from the 69th New York and General Cody of the 42nd Virginia.

CSA Captain

It is meant to be. These matches become a massive slug fest and we want to see if we can get them move dynamic.

Recordings of the event from the view points of HatashiCZ from the 69th New York and General Cody of the 42nd Virginia.
    Perhaps instead of artificially hamstringing the Confederates how about the Union use tactics that are more dynamic... the current no kneeling goes against every players instincts when in combat and makes the game feel 'scripted'. Surely maps are designed to be authentic, and to represent phases in battle. Im sure soon you'll be the defenders and thus the onus will be on the Rebels to come up with inspirational attack plans.

Having originally served with the 42nd I know you guys like to think out of the box when attacking, why opt for a penalised enemy instead of a challenge?
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 07-09-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

Perhaps instead of artificially hamstringing the Confederates how about the Union use tactics that are more dynamic... the current no kneeling goes against every players instincts when in combat and makes the game feel 'scripted'. Surely maps are designed to be authentic, and to represent phases in battle. Im sure soon you'll be the defenders and thus the onus will be on the Rebels to come up with inspirational attack plans.

Having originally served with the 42nd I know you guys like to think out of the box when attacking, why opt for a penalised enemy instead of a challenge?
    With only 64 people to a server, the CSA side being chocked full of randoms and the inability to control who can come into the server some of the rules are aimed to try and keep control and cordination what is an attempt at controlled chaos, whilst others are experimental. We have yet to see the effect of the rule fully and so it shale remain for the time being as agreed upon by the organising units. Odds are we will ditch it in the near future but for now it remains.

CSA Captain

With only 64 people to a server, the CSA side being chocked full of randoms and the inability to control who can come into the server some of the rules are aimed to try and keep control and cordination what is an attempt at controlled chaos, whilst others are experimental. We have yet to see the effect of the rule fully and so it shale remain for the time being as agreed upon by the organising units. Odds are we will ditch it in the near future but for now it remains.
    From what I saw last night we 'Confederates' did a splendid job at organising our 'chaotic' selves.... we won 2 out of the 3 maps played.

The organising units being Union Companies '42ndPA, 69thNY and 2ndUSSS'.
    4th Texas 'C' Company