Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectator cam . . When ?

USA Captain

Spectator cam . . When ?

I like to know aprox, when the "Spectator cam" might be avalible ?

Its fun to do the regular combat recordings . . . But the spec cam will do Wonders.

CSA Captain

Hmmm not sure I'd want this, its open to abuse for scouting enemy movements.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Captain

Well . . . I dont really think thats going to be a major problem. After all we are deticated gentelmen, playing in Alpha.
    And ! More Videos of the game, using this highly creative cam, will defently get some more supporters to buy in on the Alpha.
    So the "Its not gonna happen" Will be a mistake for sure . . .

CSA Captain

Yes for marketing purposes it would be a great asset, however I think you may be disappointed because an exploit will always be exploited.

Being able to pass unseen throughout the whole map will give the 'Spectator' unprecedented access to intel on player movements and positions. You can throw realism out the window if its introduced.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Captain

Sir ! If you think so . . . Then consider than anyone in the regiments, might be a spy . . . Giving information via any modern telegraf service to the enemie, about the positions, during battel.
    You dont need a spectator cam for that. . .

If the information is to be used, then it has to be passed on to the officers/general staff. Will they accept using the information ! Is it posible to keep it secret in the ranks, as we all play on booth sides !
    i dont thinks so.

I dont belive in it, nor will i support it but ! Is spying not also a part of the realismen . . . It was used for real !
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 07-12-2017 at 01:23 PM.

CSA Captain

Of course anyone could be relying information to the opposition via TS or Discord, you can never stamp that out.... however having a free roaming Godlike presence makes the job so so much easier.

I'm sure you'll find if its introduced, private 'realism' servers will disable this mode straight away because of the reasons above. I think this is one of the best, most honest communities I've come across, generally gentlemen off and on the field however it only takes 1 idiot to ruin that rep in game.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Captain

Sir . . . Its simply not posible to keep it a secret. Due to the highly deticated community. Nither using a S-Cam or anyhting else.
    After all its only 32 players on each side. Any "Idiot" will be nailed fast. Just like gong ho rambo's.
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 07-12-2017 at 02:02 PM.

USA Captain

Could have it be like in Total War, or other games, where you can save a replay of a game. Then you can have a spectator cam that doesn't affect the game itself.

Like with most things, the devs probably have their own idea about how the spectator cam will be used, so there's not much point arguing about it.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Takerith View Post
    Could have it be like in Total War, or other games, where you can save a replay of a game. Then you can have a spectator cam that doesn't affect the game itself.

Like with most things, the devs probably have their own idea about how the spectator cam will be used, so there's not much point arguing about it.
    Sir . . .. I must say, thats brilliant observed and a velcome option, If posible. But a chek box on/off, in server setup seems a fair solution as,
    some recordings might be a "setup and directed".
    I m just asking a question and its just an exchange of point of wievs. Its far from arguing.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Spectators cam, should be exactly that, for spectators only. No player while in game should have access to it for reasons already stated.

Also as a spectator you should not be capable of communication with players in game either.