Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Artillery

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    ...mean you needed to be somewhat educated to be in the artillery...

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

Not to downtalk anybody's hopes and dreams... but if this develops into a good Civil War infantry combat game (like it looks), it'd be a first in history. People tend to get ahead of themselves. Like in my last favorite game, Resistance and Liberation, an attempt at a WWII infantry combat simulator ... people got really, really butthurt that the developers would not consider introducing things like a medic class on an engine that supports 16 vs 16. I know development can be a real drain and i'm glad this team is serious. Let's just be happy with that and if it really catches on I'm sure there will be other developments of the genre even.

Mounted officers would be cool, but certainly not worth it a serious distraction.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Not to downtalk anybody's hopes and dreams... but if this develops into a good Civil War infantry combat game (like it looks), it'd be a first in history. People tend to get ahead of themselves. Like in my last favorite game, Resistance and Liberation, an attempt at a WWII infantry combat simulator ... people got really, really butthurt that the developers would not consider introducing things like a medic class on an engine that supports 16 vs 16. I know development can be a real drain and i'm glad this team is serious. Let's just be happy with that and if it really catches on I'm sure there will be other developments of the genre even.

Mounted officers would be cool, but certainly not worth it a serious distraction.
    This game's not just about infantry though, they are trying to simulate multiple aspects of the war with infantry, cavalry, artillery, etc. If they get the servers to be larger then they can add alot more imo.

Imo, the main thing to focus on is player numbers, without a good amount of players per server then it's not worth doing artillery or cav.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

Can not wait for the Artillery to hit the game!

USA Lieutenant Colonel

The RNL community became corrosive, I don't blame a lot of the Devs for jumping ship. People just expected way too much from a free Mod, too many cooks spoil the broth!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    This game's not just about infantry though, they are trying to simulate multiple aspects of the war with infantry, cavalry, artillery, etc.
    That is a very good point, the game is not solely infantry, was the Civil War only infantry? No, it wasn't, and I think that adding all of the major aspects of it are what will make it a true Civil War experience. Artillery (that is not futuristic and can track you where ever you go) going off and maybe taking some guys with it would be part of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    That is a very good point, the game is not solely infantry, was the Civil War only infantry? No, it wasn't, and I think that adding all of the major aspects of it are what will make it a true Civil War experience. Artillery (that is not futuristic and can track you where ever you go) going off and maybe taking some guys with it would be part of the experience.
    The current artillery system isn't tracking anything. It's completely random in regards to where it chooses to hit.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The current artillery system isn't tracking anything. It's completely random in regards to where it chooses to hit.

- Trusty
    *kills everybody at spawn*
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Really? Maybe it just enormous areas where it can hit. Regardless, it is seriously really damn annoying and I think it should be toned down to either 1-2 shots around 4 times a game, or one big barrage per game. Having 3 barrages in one game plus a few single shots is really really annoying. Another thing that, fundamentally should be done is to NEVER allow it in spawn, kills people too many times and has cost people games because they have to respawn again or units get totally disorganized and spread out trying not to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    *kills everybody at spawn*
    I hold my breath every time I spawn in and I hear arty incoming.