Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mature alpha players . . . What age are we all ?

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    There is most certainly an abundance of mature players on here. It gives me hope that this masterpiece of a game will move only in one direction...up.
    It will go dramatically downhill from here. I'm starting to come across as a negative-Nancy I think but it's true. It happens in every game community as it is more widely known about and released.

Years ago I assumed they would stray away from realism but there's actually a ton of young gamers and they're pretty diverse. I know I'd be finding this game if it had been out when I was kid starting playing CW games in the late 90s.

Not to say there's anything wrong with young people but you find less older trolls. Maybe it's because some of the real anti-social personality types are in jail by their mid-20s.

USA Captain

28 years and I have graduated from college

USA Major

66 heading for 67...another Elder...

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    whhhhhhaaaatttt just happened?!!
    Did that come as a surprise Rawlings? Ted and I went out to Antietam not too long ago and he swore me to an oath of silence and threatened to line me up in front of the firing squad if I opened my mouth! I joked with him at Burnside's Bridge that we should have taken a picture (selfie) from above and behind us, looking down at the water over the bridge, where you could have only seen the back of our old heads! He still didn't like that idea.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Captain

26 years old

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    Did that come as a surprise Rawlings? Ted and I went out to Antietam not too long ago and he swore me to an oath of silence and threatened to line me up in front of the firing squad if I opened my mouth! I joked with him at Burnside's Bridge that we should have taken a picture (selfie) from above and behind us, looking down at the water over the bridge, where you could have only seen the back of our old heads! He still didn't like that idea.
    Hahahaha!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Major General

Born in 1978 ... so I'm ... getting older

CSA Major

1977...hitting 40 in a month and a half.

USA Captain

I was born in 1938 during World War II. That makes me 79. What's the next group after Senior Citizen, because that's where I'm at. Time for my nap.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post

It will go dramatically downhill from here. I'm starting to come across as a negative-Nancy I think but it's true. It happens in every game community as it is more widely known about and released.

Years ago I assumed they would stray away from realism but there's actually a ton of young gamers and they're pretty diverse. I know I'd be finding this game if it had been out when I was kid starting playing CW games in the late 90s.

Not to say there's anything wrong with young people but you find less older trolls. Maybe it's because some of the real anti-social personality types are in jail by their mid-20s.
    True that Poorlaggedman. And unfortunately, will come the Hackers ( who are mostly the younger crowd by far ) which will be the games downfall. They totally ruined a game called "War of the Roses" ..... You can also see some in "Verdun" which I love. Would not surprise me if they're already here.