Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Testers - a no BS answer

CSA Sergeant

Testers - a no BS answer

Well, I have been a long time follower of this game. The Dev time is killing me.....

I want to ask the Testers here a few Questions..A straight up answer would be nice..

1) How many Players are actually on the servers on the weekends ? and how many can the server hold ?
    2) based on the pace of the Game DEV how long would you guess until BETA ? 6 months, 1 year , 2 years ?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Gee, for $60. +/- USD, you can contribute and get access and answer your own questions.

And it will take as long as it needs to advance beyond tech alpha. There has been no delineation of a schedule.

CSA Captain

1.) Gets to around 64 players on weekends when events happen (which is every weekend.) Also, during the week and when events aren't happening you have drills happening as well as sometimes people just randomly pour into the servers.
    2.) And nobody knows, I'd say a couple of months at the minimum.
    Captain of the 1st Texas Company B, "Livingston Guards."
    Regimental Titles
    Chief Diplomat
    Arbitor
    Troublesheuter
    Chief Mediater
    Chief Negotiator
    Regimental Psychic Medium
    Hedmaester of the Verginia Military Instatute (pm to attend officer courses, all CSA officers are required to attend before taking to the field)

My great great great grandma fought alongside Ulysses S Lee in the 12th Airborne Brigatallion at the battle of Niagra Cliffs, RIP Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by AP514 View Post
    Well, I have been a long time follower of this game. The Dev time is killing me.....

I want to ask the Testers here a few Questions..A straight up answer would be nice..

1) How many Players are actually on the servers on the weekends ? and how many can the server hold ?
    2) based on the pace of the Game DEV how long would you guess until BETA ? 6 months, 1 year , 2 years ?
    You're wondering if its worth the money to get into the alpha, at least that's what Im getting from your questions. All of us would love to have you, the alpha does not look or feel like an alpha. It is very much a functional game its just missing some of the features that require more time from the developers. I would very much so spend the $60 all over again (lol already spent it once)

USA Captain

You dont wanna miss this . . . Even its Alpha. Epic gaming, and a very decticated community, makes it a truly great experince. Support the game !

USA General of the Army

I Skirm Daily and would estimate 20 to 30 on the weekday evenings and 30 to 60 on the weekends.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Major

Even when there are not that many people on the servers, if you have a love for history like the majority of the people here, you'll enjoy playing around at the drill camps with the range, seeing the different weapons, uniforms etc. I've gone for a walk to explore the drill camp map on more than one occasion, even just chilled by the campfire and chewed the fat with other players.

USA Brigadier General

1. 30 or so when an event is planned or if people wanna play. and the servers at the current time can hold up to 64 people, it's possible they will be able to hold more in the future, however I will not say for sure.
    2. so Skirmishes or Phase 1 Alpha has just been released, it took about a year for it too come out after teh drill camp was released to Colonels and above, from what I see there are still some minor crashing issues, being solved of course, and some small bugs that are being tweaked. an Educated guess would be a year for the Beta to release, maybe more, maybe less as there isn't a real pace to the game development, it kinda is just getting done whenever whoever can work on it, small team so it'll take time. thats for Closed Beta, Open Beta maybe another six months added on or so.

CSA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Gee, for $60. +/- USD, you can contribute and get access and answer your own questions.

And it will take as long as it needs to advance beyond tech alpha. There has been no delineation of a schedule.

Well, that told me absolutely nothing...thanks for that.

As far as the rest of you thanks for the info....
    Last edited by AP514; 07-28-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post

Well, that told me absolutely nothing...thanks for that.
    Yes you will see that more often on this forum