Thread: [advise]default set can be changed?

USA Captain

[advise]default set can be changed?

mostly we would like to double quick...so default set could be running instead of walking?

CSA Major General

I vote .. no.. our natural movement is to WALK.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyeah View Post
    mostly we would like to double quick...so default set could be running instead of walking?
    Can not imagine your having such a problem pressing C to get in the double quick.

I would also so NO to this idea

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    There is a little known mechanism in the game, it's called fatigue and exhaustion. If you listen to your toon as you run for over 20 minutes, you'll notice an increasing amount of heavy breathing sounds. In other words, physical make up is equated to reality. In real life you cannot run or "double quick" 100 percent of the time without becoming worn out.

This is by far the best thing I have seen implemented in a game of this sort. Being an old player of games like WoW, Everquest, etc., when you see other players they are always at full tilt running for "miles and miles" across virtual reality and multiple zones and never skipping a breath. I believe the same lack of physical exertion is also lacking in M&B and it's off shoots.

No!, walking will not be superseded by running all the time as a default movement.

USA Brigadier General

In my mind their is music called marching songs and not running songs

-flies away-
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

that not a problem now...no need to change the default...recent server is hot,you know

USA Major

I would like to see the add some graphic icons out of the way (like at bottom left or right of screen) showing your current state. Something less intrusive than the text you get when you press the "T" key but would show your soldier's state (like quick time, melee, should arms, etc.). Then what mode you default in doesn't matter, you set what you want and can easily tell during combat you are still in that mode.

The reason I would like this is that most of the settings handled by toggle keys like "X" and "C" or once set like bayonets you can't always tell if you are in that mode. Have a "HUD" key like most games that turn this on and off in case the player wants a screen shot without game aides showing up. There are probably some other things that should also appear on a "HUD" to aide the player so he doesn't have to press info keys like the "T".

And, it would save some officer's time going up and down the line telling soldiers they need to "shoulder arms".
    Also, might let the columns look a little better when they move out if everyone knew whether they were in Quicktime or Double Quick.

Also, would like to be able to toggle the text messages on and off. Mine usually disappears before I realize someone posted something important I need to read.
    Lightfoot

Would be nice to have a client setting to automatically reload or fix bayonet when you spawn or both. I like to make productive use of my time when dead rather than sit around and wait for that 'deploy' button to show up and initiate loading each time

CSA Major

I think you can hit R and B without dying of a heat stroke caused by the extensive movements of your fingers. I would also be surprised if you managed to finish your Masters in the 20 second reload period.
    An option to spawn in with a loaded musket would be neat, because all that does is basically increase the respawning time for 20 seconds. I just don't want the game to ever take control from me in any way.
    Last edited by MrMundy; 08-14-2017 at 05:25 PM.