Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold, hard truth: The future of gameplay.

CSA Major General

what if we could stab back while kneeling (just a random thought) I'm sure these guys will figure it out,, its still very early in the development.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

USA Captain

Perhaps the eventual implementation of the stamina system will reduce the amount of people charging around all over the place. If you can't charge everywhere anymore and have to resort to double quick (or even walking) you will be an easier target to be gunned down.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    Perhaps the eventual implementation of the stamina system will reduce the amount of people charging around all over the place. If you can't charge everywhere anymore and have to resort to double quick (or even walking) you will be an easier target to be gunned down.
    The stamina system has been in there for a very long time already.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The stamina system has been in there for a very long time already.

- Trusty
    Yep its a good system, I like it.... perhaps though you could make it more difficult to charge around all game?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Yep its a good system, I like it.... perhaps though you could make it more difficult to charge around all game?
    Skirmish areas are relatively small and naturally the stamina system resets when you die. We don't want players to be able to run for five yards only to stop for a minute to catch their breath sort of situation.

That being said, all systems could quite possibly change as they are tweaked during alpha/beta.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by Dether View Post
    what if we could stab back while kneeling (just a random thought) I'm sure these guys will figure it out,, its still very early in the development.
    I think movement should be more fluid in some ways. There's a really fine line that might be walked for best results. Yesterday I was kneeling with three other guys firing into the sunken lane from the high ground. I was the leftmost guy and every once and a while I checked left. So I load and I check left and there's two rebs charging at us about 30 yards away. I warn the others then turn to shoot the closest. Only I can't... He's just out of my range of motion while kneeling and it took too long to stand. I don't know about you guys but I can personally certainly move around while crouched. No i don't swivel on the earth like in every other game but I can readjust. As I said, the transition to meelee is too slow so the advantage remains with your Banzai charger.

I have a suggedtion which could help with charging > shooting.

Allow "mutual deaths," so if someone takes a lethal blow from a bayonet, they have a small bit of time to stab back, and kill the two of them. This will make melee massively more unrewarding.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Colonel

I mean the is if you look at the union side on the company tool. There are alot of sharpshooter companies with a lot of people. If the servers maybe hold 500-1000 people and 200 of that are sharpshooters then a good quarter of the server pop are fighting in loose formations putting the lines at a disadvantage. When the company tool gets better updated something will needed to couter balance this. The 1stUSSS and 2nd USSS historically only recruited the best. They didnt have 1000 men or 100 a company. That is the issue. Too many sharpshooters in this game.

CSA Captain

I think as soon as the game opens up to the public it will open the floodgates and every casual with play just to fart around and have fun and no they will not coordinate with the team or set up lines. They will most likely hide in bushes and snipe people and melee non stop. A simple fix to this would be to have the option of having private servers so the large companies and associations that take it seriously and roleplay can do so without being invaded by randoms.
    2Lt. Obadiah Peyton. 2nd Georgia Infantry Company G

Ancestors:
    Major Charles S Peyton - 19th Virginia Infantry
    John Daniel Belcher - 13th Georgia Infantry
    Elijah Clark Belcher - 47th Georgia Infantry
    William Hughes - 7th Wisconsin Infantry
    Cpt. Thomas J Peyton - Fry's Company, Virginia Light Artillery

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I think as soon as the game opens up to the public it will open the floodgates and every casual with play just to fart around and have fun and no they will not coordinate with the team or set up lines. They will most likely hide in bushes and snipe people and melee non stop. A simple fix to this would be to have the option of having private servers so the large companies and associations that take it seriously and roleplay can do so without being invaded by randoms.
    Private servers will be a thing.

It is not needed at the moment though as we'd rather have as many of you as possible gathered to test stuff out.

- Trusty