Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Unable to change forum badge.

  1. #1

    USA Major

    Henronicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mosby's Confederacy
    Posts
    245

    Unable to change forum badge.

    So I've decided that despite living in Virginia, my loyalty lies with the union, partly because my entire family comes from the north originally. So, I wish to change my forum badge to the union one.

    Now, at the same time I have gotten a new email(the old one was a stupid childish name I came up with as a kid), and I changed it for the forum, but could not find a way to change it for the company tool. So, I simply made a new person with the new email. However, changing the forum badge seems to require the email for a company tool person. When I use the old email, I get the dreaded red bridge picture with "Something went wrong", and when I use the new email, I get a screen saying, "E-mail is wrong!".

    If anybody could suggest anything to remedy the situation, I would be very thankful.

    Also if this is not the right forum to post it in, mods please move it to the correct one.
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.

  2. #2

    CSA Captain

    Saris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East Texas
    Posts
    677
    Do you see the "Change Forum Badge" button on the top?

  3. #3

    USA 1st Lieutenant

    Dman979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Do you see the "Change Forum Badge" button on the top?
    Yes, I think he did. The problem he's having isn't with the forum, it's because he has a new email account that the game isn't registered under.

    My suggestion is to change your email back to the old one temporarily, and complete the process that way. Once you've changed the badge, you can probably switch back to the new email.

    Best,
    Dman979

  4. #4

    USA General of the Army

    A. P. Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Posts
    2,442
    Contact Fancy Sweetroll via PM.

  5. #5

    USA Major

    Henronicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mosby's Confederacy
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Yes, I think he did. The problem he's having isn't with the forum, it's because he has a new email account that the game isn't registered under.

    My suggestion is to change your email back to the old one temporarily, and complete the process that way. Once you've changed the badge, you can probably switch back to the new email.

    Best,
    Dman979
    I'll try that




    Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Contact Fancy Sweetroll via PM.
    If Dman's suggestion doesn't work I'll do that, I'll try his suggestion first though as I don't want to bother the devs if it's unnecessary.




    Edit: Dman's suggestion worked, the problem probably had to do with the fact that the forum badges are linked to the pledge email(the old one)
    Last edited by Henronicus; 08-01-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.

  6. #6

    USA 1st Lieutenant

    Dman979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Henronicus View Post
    Edit: Dman's suggestion worked, the problem probably had to do with the fact that the forum badges are linked to the pledge email(the old one)
    I'm glad to hear it worked, and welcome to the Union!

    Best,
    Dman979

  7. #7

  8. #8
    interesting

  9. #9
    Humm, interesting, this is nice to know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •