Thread: Different shouldering methods for Wisconsin infantry.

USA Captain

Different shouldering methods for Wisconsin infantry.

Hi!

I had a quick suggestion if anyone will hear me out. I noticed in game all units have the same shouldering/right shoulder shift methods as one another. I reenact for the 7th Wisconsin in WA state, and we follow R. Chandler's manual. I figured maybe I should bring it up on the forums to see if different historical shouldering methods could be used for different companies and units. I have a PDF file for the entire manual if it's needed, but R. Chandler's manual, written in 1861, states that the 7th, 6th, and various Wisconsin infantry regiments use the old method of shouldering rifles. The Revolutionary War way where the rifle's body rests over the soldier's left shoulder. And the right shoulder shift, rather than have the flat plate side of the resting resting, we typically have the it shouldered with the hammer facing our shoulder. The hammer rests atop of our right shoulders. I don't really have any pictures from our reenactments to show exactly the picture I'm trying to convey, but as I said, I'd be more than willing to email the PDF file of the book, or something. Sorry this sounds so vague, but if it's something that can be looked into, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Unionist Volunteer

Hi there!

Welcome on the forum.

We have gotten a few requests regarding different manual of arms animations throughout the development of WoR. While we'd love to support more - we have our hands full with just making one work fine (still quite a ways to go as you've probably noticed).

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hi there!

Welcome on the forum.

We have gotten a few requests regarding different manual of arms animations throughout the development of WoR. While we'd love to support more - we have our hands full with just making one work fine (still quite a ways to go as you've probably noticed).

- Trusty
    I can only imagine! Thanks for the hard work as usual.

Cool idea, also, what's poppin Squirrel, it's McMufin, welcome to the community.