Hello everyone this is Cholland619 of the 8th Florida Company A. I first wish to say that I love this game and the community, there is so much life and passion in my fellow players about this game and what this game is about. War of rights is more than a game to me. WOR allows me to address a serious issue facing the South to date with not only my fellow Southerners, and Countrymen, but people from around the world too. Living in Central Florida i have see my state slowly transform into something I can't even recognize. her politics, way of life, and Culture right before my eyes are fading away. I have seen my very own city turn from a nice small southern town to a huge, bustling, town you'll find above the mason-Dixon line. It isn't just my state that is feeling these affects it is the whole south. I have talked with people from every southern state on this game from Missouri to Maryland, and from Florida, to Texas and everything in between. Most say the same thing, they feel the same way I do, the South is truly disappearing. It goes way more than the removal of Confederate images, what is happening to the South is as I feel a whole attack on everything Southern. I would like to post a quote that not only has been in my head since my 6th grade teacher showed it to me, but explains this situation well, " When the American nation finds itself culturally, the hegemony will inevitably pass over to the South. There alone can there be a question of enduring culture. The region below the Potomac possesses the type that was truly responsible for America’s greatness in the past. This is the type of the Southern gentleman, with the corresponding type of woman. For these are the only types of complete souls that the United States has yet produced."- Count Hermann Keyserling, 1929, a famous Austrian Explorer who wrote about cultures and nations from his travels. I think this explains American's relationship with Dixie perfectly, all we are to mainstream America is a punching bag, a scapegoat that when America does wrong you can blame it on the South, and when the South creates something it isn't Southern it is American unless America doesn't like it then it is Southern. From the way we speak, to our relationships both friendship and non-platonic, to the way we eat and what we eat, and how we carry ourselves day to day has been criticized and taught that such things are wrong. They say that only whites can be southern, that all Southerns are racist, and that we were to blame for America's ill wills. That could not be further from the truth. The South at her very core is what our ancestors made her, which is a mix of people not just from Western Europe, but West and Central Africa, and the Southeastern and plains Tribes. The South is the original melting pot. We have America so much, when ever you hear music that makes you get up and dance that came from the Delta, whenever you find yourself eating "American" food that is spicy, sweet, buttery, and mixed together among other things that came from the Low lands of the Carolina's and Georgia, from the Flo-Caribbean of Florida, from the Appalachian mountains of Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and Kentucky, from the Cajun and Creole of Louisiana and the delta food of Mississippi, from the Ozark of Arkansas, and Missouri, from the Tex-Mex of Texas, from the Native recipes of Oklahoma, and the sea food of Virginia, and Maryland. Whenever you find find yourself in the presence of "American" hospitality, Generosity, and kindness you must go below the Mason-Dixon line. When you are looking for that "American Belle" you won't find her in New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, or Chicago. You will never hear the words "Chivalry", or "Honour" up North. There are other aspect of Southern Culture but I think y'all got the point. I am proud of my heritage, my culture, and my region, but now my pride for my country is in question. I have heard a lot of people talk about secession, and to be honest I have paid attention...I thought they were crazy, but now I can't be further from the truth. If secession comes I won't be against it anymore. I know i'm just some punk 19 year old kid on a forum page bleeding my heart out to people I have never came face to face with, but I am glad I spoke my mind. This is why I want to study politics, and history in college I want to stop this from continuing and protect our South and her culture.

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/b...re-deplorable/ Here is a link by an article from Abbeville College in South Carolina that dives a bit into this subject.

Thank you for reading what I have to say, and have a nice day.