Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More than just a game.

More than just a game.

Hello everyone this is Cholland619 of the 8th Florida Company A. I first wish to say that I love this game and the community, there is so much life and passion in my fellow players about this game and what this game is about. War of rights is more than a game to me. WOR allows me to address a serious issue facing the South to date with not only my fellow Southerners, and Countrymen, but people from around the world too. Living in Central Florida i have see my state slowly transform into something I can't even recognize. her politics, way of life, and Culture right before my eyes are fading away. I have seen my very own city turn from a nice small southern town to a huge, bustling, town you'll find above the mason-Dixon line. It isn't just my state that is feeling these affects it is the whole south. I have talked with people from every southern state on this game from Missouri to Maryland, and from Florida, to Texas and everything in between. Most say the same thing, they feel the same way I do, the South is truly disappearing. It goes way more than the removal of Confederate images, what is happening to the South is as I feel a whole attack on everything Southern. I would like to post a quote that not only has been in my head since my 6th grade teacher showed it to me, but explains this situation well, " When the American nation finds itself culturally, the hegemony will inevitably pass over to the South. There alone can there be a question of enduring culture. The region below the Potomac possesses the type that was truly responsible for America’s greatness in the past. This is the type of the Southern gentleman, with the corresponding type of woman. For these are the only types of complete souls that the United States has yet produced."- Count Hermann Keyserling, 1929, a famous Austrian Explorer who wrote about cultures and nations from his travels. I think this explains American's relationship with Dixie perfectly, all we are to mainstream America is a punching bag, a scapegoat that when America does wrong you can blame it on the South, and when the South creates something it isn't Southern it is American unless America doesn't like it then it is Southern. From the way we speak, to our relationships both friendship and non-platonic, to the way we eat and what we eat, and how we carry ourselves day to day has been criticized and taught that such things are wrong. They say that only whites can be southern, that all Southerns are racist, and that we were to blame for America's ill wills. That could not be further from the truth. The South at her very core is what our ancestors made her, which is a mix of people not just from Western Europe, but West and Central Africa, and the Southeastern and plains Tribes. The South is the original melting pot. We have America so much, when ever you hear music that makes you get up and dance that came from the Delta, whenever you find yourself eating "American" food that is spicy, sweet, buttery, and mixed together among other things that came from the Low lands of the Carolina's and Georgia, from the Flo-Caribbean of Florida, from the Appalachian mountains of Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and Kentucky, from the Cajun and Creole of Louisiana and the delta food of Mississippi, from the Ozark of Arkansas, and Missouri, from the Tex-Mex of Texas, from the Native recipes of Oklahoma, and the sea food of Virginia, and Maryland. Whenever you find find yourself in the presence of "American" hospitality, Generosity, and kindness you must go below the Mason-Dixon line. When you are looking for that "American Belle" you won't find her in New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, or Chicago. You will never hear the words "Chivalry", or "Honour" up North. There are other aspect of Southern Culture but I think y'all got the point. I am proud of my heritage, my culture, and my region, but now my pride for my country is in question. I have heard a lot of people talk about secession, and to be honest I have paid attention...I thought they were crazy, but now I can't be further from the truth. If secession comes I won't be against it anymore. I know i'm just some punk 19 year old kid on a forum page bleeding my heart out to people I have never came face to face with, but I am glad I spoke my mind. This is why I want to study politics, and history in college I want to stop this from continuing and protect our South and her culture.

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/b...re-deplorable/ Here is a link by an article from Abbeville College in South Carolina that dives a bit into this subject.

Thank you for reading what I have to say, and have a nice day.

CSA Sergeant

And thus why the southern states should leave the union, it always gets blamed for everything, but she could leave it. it just depends how many people would fight for her but knowing how many people from all over the world that wouldn't be a problem, and even some nations would support her but i guess we will have to wait and see shall we.

Blah blah, Neo Slavers.

Don't make a big deal out of it and it won't be a problem.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Captain

I also live in Orlando so I feel that. So many immigrants from up North it's ridiculous. It's hard to find native Floridians like myself. I feel like the local sports teams aren't even being supported because everyone wants to keep loyalty to the Northern teams from where they or their parents came from.
    2Lt. Obadiah Peyton. 2nd Georgia Infantry Company G

Ancestors:
    Major Charles S Peyton - 19th Virginia Infantry
    John Daniel Belcher - 13th Georgia Infantry
    Elijah Clark Belcher - 47th Georgia Infantry
    William Hughes - 7th Wisconsin Infantry
    Cpt. Thomas J Peyton - Fry's Company, Virginia Light Artillery

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Blah blah, Neo Slavers.

Lmao exactly what we mean. This is the type of guy to kill someone and whisper in their ear "sshhhhh.... just let it happen"
    2Lt. Obadiah Peyton. 2nd Georgia Infantry Company G

Ancestors:
    Major Charles S Peyton - 19th Virginia Infantry
    John Daniel Belcher - 13th Georgia Infantry
    Elijah Clark Belcher - 47th Georgia Infantry
    William Hughes - 7th Wisconsin Infantry
    Cpt. Thomas J Peyton - Fry's Company, Virginia Light Artillery

I'm not sure sparse slander is equal to murder.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Blah blah, Neo Slavers.

How would you like it if your way of life and culture was changing all around you?

Would you make a big deal out of it or just stand by and let it happen?

Did you even read the op?
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Colonel

I am from Maryland. To the North we are just Southern Trash. Just a buffer between them, the Capitol and the South. To the south we are Yankees. Even though we created the Mason-Dixon line and in effect Dixie. I live in what my state calls "A crossroads village." We are mostly farmers and as such we have seen very little change. But beyond that you see Baltimore. Has been devastated by riots 3 times. 1861, 1968, 2015. The city is 20 million in debt and can't even pay for it inner city minority schools. But it wants to spend 23 million to dig up confederate graves, remove 5 statues including the only WW1 statue in the state due to Maryland not listing the Colored regiments.

When I see what 6 and 7 generations before me did. Born and died on the land I live on this very day. Only to be pestered by contractors and the NAACP to build housing for an all African-American community, in which the police had to be brought in to leave my Aunt and Uncle alone. It disgusts me. We are the Old Line State. We are the South of the North and the North of the South. I can go 50 yards from my house and see my ancestors graves. I know my history and where I stand. My family is 6-7 generations of farmers.

They fought for the south and north, in the Civil War. But that Rebel flag was not for slavery, they fought for an ideal. While the rest of the South was fighting to maintain it's freedom, Maryland was trying to regain it. When 10,000 soldiers take your state over by storm. Assault your cities, arrest your government. Is that cause a racist cause to fight for. I say no. Up North they say the South are racists, inbreds, and rebels. Well when 60% of your military is from southern states what then, who are the patriots.

Maryland is the first state to be screwed by the bureaucrats in D.C. When I go to school, I am told that I am racist because I help a local farmer pick his tobacco and cotton. That is what this country has gone too... the dogs. When I was suspended from my school because I was accused of calling an African-American student the N-word. Later to found I was telling the truth and my parents getting money from the county to keep quiet about the incident. Only because I was white. My family and many others I live near, still show hospitality to any stranger. It took my family 3 generations to fully recover from the great depression.

I ask anyone here who has an issue with American history and the civil war. When 600,000 men die fighting for a belief that is not slavery and to preserve their way of life only to then for 150 yrs for America's history to be wiped and start anew only because someone was left out. That is exactly what the fascists of Europe tried to do.

Edit:
    I believe secession is unconstitutional. The 1st Amendment give you the right to peacefully protest. But in the case of the Civil War secession was not in the constitution therefore it was left to the states. As such I do not believe the South should again attempt secession. In a world in which America in being targeted by foreign powers. For those who say the South shall rise again I say no. To those who say the Rebel cause was unjust and worthless. I say that because of the Civil War, the U.S. rose to be a top Industrial power and subsequently a World Power.
    Last edited by DomDowg; 08-04-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Can we please keep the state/part of US bashing to roleplaying in-game and not start a 2017 state's war on the forum?

- Trusty

Most of you people clearly have no idea what life is like in the North, and fabricate random scenarios to justify calling people libtards.

And no, I didnt read the OP as he cannot do so little as make his post utilize paragraphs.