Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: II Corps, Army of the Potomac

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Yeah, a """"Brigadier General"""" leading a whole corps.

What happened to liking history?
    Im just wondering how anyone will have 2 years experience with the Alpha not being that old...
    Major F. L. Villarreal
    2nd Massachusetts Regiment HQ

CLICK SIG IMAGE TO ENLIST!!!

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Im just wondering how anyone will have 2 years experience with the Alpha not being that old...
    Other games. Such as NaS mod. However community experience is common in most games so can't justify it unless you've led a large community

USA Lieutenant Colonel

2 years is not experience.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    2 years is not experience.
    I agree but if we are going to nitpick we have to also ask what qualifies someone to be in any position they are in if they've never been in the military...the US Military at that.

As far as this post...Im just curious as to why he keeps starting and abandoning alliances.
    Major F. L. Villarreal

I agree but if we are going to nitpick we have to also ask what qualifies someone to be in any position they are in if they've never been in the military...the US Military at that.

As far as this post...Im just curious as to why he keeps starting and abandoning alliances.
    Lot of people start the wrong way around. They make a brigade etc. and then try to fill it. They make themselves leaders first and then start to lead.
    THAT does not work!

Besides that for a game ain't matter if you have army experience or not. Should not matter.

USA General of the Army

So anyone that hasn't "served" is not qualified to lead an online community in a video game based in the 1860s. Alright everyone, let's all go home and leave the vets to their fun and games then as we're not qualified.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    Besides that for a game ain't matter if you have army experience or not. Should not matter.
    I agree. I only say that because people seem to attack someone's qualifications only to find out that by their standard they aren't qualified to hold the rank they gave themselves.

I don't see anything with building a command from the top down, that's actually (IMO) smarter if you are already somewhat versed in one of the manuals used in the time period and have chain of command knowledge from actual military experience. My reason for building from the top down is easy, you don't want the blind leading the blind. You want to train your Officer and NCOs how to do their job before you get your recruits and privates. Im just not sure that is smart at the brigade level, at the company level its already somewhat difficult.
    Major F. L. Villarreal

I agree. I only say that because people seem to attack someone's qualifications only to find out that by their standard they aren't qualified to hold the rank they gave themselves.

I don't see anything with building a command from the top down, that's actually (IMO) smarter if you are already somewhat versed in one of the manuals used in the time period and have chain of command knowledge from actual military experience. My reason for building from the top down is easy, you don't want the blind leading the blind. You want to train your Officer and NCOs how to do their job before you get your recruits and privates. I'm just not sure that is smart at the brigade level, at the company level its already somewhat difficult.
    Yeah people tend to have a big mouth and judge others before themselves. Qualities are gained by in-game time leading your company that is the standard. Should not matter if you're new to game never lead a company, the moment you start a company and you call yourself Captain. Means a number responsibilities are now connected to you. Train yourself - study - drill drill drill - communicate with your members - work together - invest your time.

Lot of guys same with the OP don't do that, they call themselves Captain don't lift a finger, they make a division - brigades - regiments and any other word they can find that resembles more power.

Build your own house first. Then look around

To everyone one in this thread who is posting negative comments, please go somewhere else. Cause frankly I don't give damn and the rest of the Corps doesn't either. We will accept constructive advice, but shut up with anything negative. I started the Irish Brigade when I was just one Company and it is still breathing to this day in the II Corps, so to all you say we will give up and the Corps will be a flunk... piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by William Murray View Post
    To everyone one in this thread who is posting negative comments, please go somewhere else. Cause frankly I don't give damn and the rest of the Corps doesn't either. We will accept constructive advice, but shut up with anything negative. I started the Irish Brigade when I was just one Company and it is still breathing to this day in the II Corps, so to all you say we will give up and the Corps will be a flunk... piss off.
    Good luck with your adventure