Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller's cornfield union spawn

USA Captain

Miller's cornfield union spawn

I think I speak for everyone when I say: FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST PLEASE MAKE THE UNION SPAWN CLOSER TO THE OBJECTIVE
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldestroyer View Post
    I think I speak for everyone when I say: FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST PLEASE MAKE THE UNION SPAWN CLOSER TO THE OBJECTIVE
    I second this
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Captain

As do I

Miller's Cornfield is yet to be released as a skirmish area. You're speaking of Hooker's Push. That area is designed to be a slow one with an initial march before the first contact. I do agree it is a rather long jog - especially at the moment. Once flag bearer spawns come in there will be less time walking and more time fighting across all skirmish areas but in particular the bigger ones such as Hooker's Push.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST PLEASE do not MAKE THE UNION SPAWN CLOSER TO THE OBJECTIVE.
    We are cycling maps WAY too fast because the Union strategy is now to Blitzkrieg the Point for a quick win while the Confederates are preparing to move out.
    Hooker's Push is the only map we actually get to have a decent fight, anymore.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Then... Maybe adjust your own tactic rather than complaining?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Then... Maybe adjust your own tactic rather than complaining?
    Maybe you can use your brain first and think about what another man says instead of making a smart ass comment.
    It is a civil war game it ain't no WWII game.

So they could only devise new tactics during WW2?

I honestly fail to see why you are upset with the attackers, attacking.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

I do think the defenders should spawn at the location they are defending for the first 60-120 seconds of the round. "Meeting engagement" style maps where both sides rush to the objective are kind of counter-productive to teamplay.

USA Captain

The flags will indeed make quite the difference. Looking forward to that.

Currently, during any sort of organised event where the Union team forms up properly and marches to the point in formation, even if they go at the double quick they still take minutes to arrive at the point. When they reach the fence line and start skirmishing with the confederates, any time one of their number dies, that person needs to spend another several minutes coming back, whereas the rebels can reinforce much, much quicker. This basically means that the Union team cannot win by shooting alone. They have to resort to a bayonet charge to take the point.

The problem then is, during the ensuing melee both sides naturally take casualties. Even if the Union team manages to come out on top, they probably won't have more than half their number holding the point. On Hooker's Push (thank you Trusty) the Union spawn is so far away that the entire rebel team could spawn in, charge the point, all die, spawn back in and have a second go at it before the first Union reinforcements could arrive.

The defenders will always spawn closer to the point of course, that's what makes them the defenders. But unlike other maps, on Hooker's Push it seems the Union has very little chance to reinforce in time to actually hold on to the point.