Thread: Track IR

Track IR

Just wondering if the Devs are thinking of making War of Rights Track IR compatible.

For those of you that don't know what Track IR is Here is a link https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Basically its head tracking equipment and software that allows you to move your head actual head, which moves your in game head at the same time. Makes it easy to look around while moving, staying formed up, glancing up while reloading making sure your not getting rushed. I know you can currently press and hold"ALT" to look around, but Track IR takes out the need to press a button. I use it similar first person shooters and flight sims. I highly recommend checking it out.

If you have further questions please feel free to message me!

I would personally prefer actual content.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    haha +1
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

CSA Captain

Same here +1
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major

This is an unusually flippant remark from you David.
    I am fully behind the idea of TrackIR implementation. It is a huge boon to use the software in many simulation games, including ARMA and the IL2 series. I would never play without it now having invested. An introduction to WoR would only ever improve the game; imagine having a free hand whilst marching in column? One wouldn't even need to own the proper piece of TrackIR kit as there is plenty of functional free head-tracking software that would work in place (with a webcam).

I advise watching ARMA3 or IL2 videos where it is used and then reconsider its place in this game.

I agree that it would be a cool addition, however I simply believe there is more to be gained for the game with added mechanics, troops, and maps.

Now, once WoR is finished, or if the devs have time for it, I don't see why not to try to introduce it. Just while it's still in development I think it's better to not focus on things like that.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major General

track ir is great... but this early in the process it is not needed... I agree, but I do hope one day it would be here
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    This is an unusually flippant remark from you David.
    I am fully behind the idea of TrackIR implementation. It is a huge boon to use the software in many simulation games, including ARMA and the IL2 series. I would never play without it now having invested. An introduction to WoR would only ever improve the game; imagine having a free hand whilst marching in column? One wouldn't even need to own the proper piece of TrackIR kit as there is plenty of functional free head-tracking software that would work in place (with a webcam).

I advise watching ARMA3 or IL2 videos where it is used and then reconsider its place in this game.
    Amen brother. Love using it with ArmA.

USA Brigadier General

sounds great but is nothing which i want to see until release. that a super plus bonus.

Something like that isnt very common. Its the same thing like Eye Tracking. You need additional Hardware which is not cheap and not essential for Gaming maybe in the future but not yet.

@Campfire

If you would like to add Eye Tracking I can recommend you a software developer from Germany
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02