Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: team killing has to be stopped now it is out of control

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Says the Capt. that shot his superior officer "by accident".

I got my eyes on you.... O_e
    Who ever told you that was by accident?

USA Major

Some team kills, maybe most, are accidents. Many of the uniforms are hard to identify at a distance and some are difficult even up close when you aren't familiar with that particular style. Most of the time when I have accidentally killed a team mate it was due to them running out in front of our positions and getting intermixed with the enemy making it hard to keep track of who is enemy and who is friend. I have managed not to do it over the last few weeks but probably at the cost of not shooting enemy soldiers that I couldn't identify.

I consider it a valid part of the game as long as it is unintentional. It is why CW formations tried to stay together so they wouldn't fire into their own. If you go lone wolf and start sneaking behind enemy lines there is a chance your own side will spot you coming toward them in the enemy rear and shoot you.

That said, it does seem some people think its a cute idea to run around team killing players. We need to start noting who they are and posting their names to others in our commands. Once verified, officer should shoot them whenever they spawn. Eventually they will stop or go away. But I hope most of what I see is accident or someone helping someone get unstuck. I don't really understand why someone would pay money to join an Alpha game just screw around with it.

But before accusing someone assume they did it by accident until it is obvious they are deliberately doing it. Newer players are prone to doing it because they can't identify the uniforms through all the smoke and distance. And, in melees sometimes one is a little to quick on the trigger.

Once the game goes commercial there will need to be a system to report these people so CampFire can cancel their accounts. These game trolls can ruin a game if left unchecked.
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I could tell you that banning options are being worked on and that most team killers will face bans from official servers once they are in place - but then again you told me to "don't give you shit it is being worked on".

officer slots will also be heavily limited in the next patch so team killing kiddies won't be able to spawn as revolver wielders.

Lastly I would urge you to stop playing the alpha if it causes you as much discomfort as you appear to be suffering. Things are being tweaked, systems and content is missing, it's all part of the alpha process. You can always come back at a later phase of testing.

- Trusty
    Thanks for the reply, this is what I had messaged you about yesterday. Captain Fubar has a better video and I believe he copied down the URL of this guy as well, I will speak to him about reporting it and already gave him the site that you sent to me. Friendly fire is a reality of warfare but, intentionally going around killing guys, getting kicked from the game after 3 and then popping back on and killing more people intentionally ruins the game for many especially when we are in the midst of an event. I yearn for the days when we have password protected servers and admins to control the action. Then we will finally get some real solid line battles, as it stands now if u try u put yourself at a major disadvantage.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    Some team kills, maybe most, are accidents. Many of the uniforms are hard to identify at a distance and some are difficult even up close when you aren't familiar with that particular style. Most of the time when I have accidentally killed a team mate it was due to them running out in front of our positions and getting intermixed with the enemy making it hard to keep track of who is enemy and who is friend. I have managed not to do it over the last few weeks but probably at the cost of not shooting enemy soldiers that I couldn't identify.

I consider it a valid part of the game as long as it is unintentional. It is why CW formations tried to stay together so they wouldn't fire into their own. If you go lone wolf and start sneaking behind enemy lines there is a chance your own side will spot you coming toward them in the enemy rear and shoot you.

That said, it does seem some people think its a cute idea to run around team killing players. We need to start noting who they are and posting their names to others in our commands. Once verified, officer should shoot them whenever they spawn. Eventually they will stop or go away. But I hope most of what I see is accident or someone helping someone get unstuck. I don't really understand why someone would pay money to join an Alpha game just screw around with it.

But before accusing someone assume they did it by accident until it is obvious they are deliberately doing it. Newer players are prone to doing it because they can't identify the uniforms through all the smoke and distance. And, in melees sometimes one is a little to quick on the trigger.

Once the game goes commercial there will need to be a system to report these people so CampFire can cancel their accounts. These game trolls can ruin a game if left unchecked.
    Agreed, and sometimes you have to live and learn. As a Louisiana Company we used to wear the blue Zouave uniforms, which made things difficult for my skirmishers/scouts....which is totally understandable. So what I did was picked a different company uniform so that way there was no bad blood between our company and another that was responsible for the TKing. Not that I blame them, if I saw someone in blue 50-100 yards away in the distance ide shoot them as well. As a general rule however I think respective units, whether they be a company, regiment, brigade or division need to have thicker skin and learn to work with one another instead of getting upset over small infractions....but this is online gaming so im not to surprised
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Major

trusty i am not getting discomfort by this game i can leave your game or stay really no skin off my back just trying to get you to understand people will leave or not buy your game if this gets out that it is happening i am sure you are working on it but just taking pistols or limiting it doesnt do much they can still keam kill with a rifle hopefully you procedures will ban these people cause it will start to cost you players trust me
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 08-14-2017 at 05:42 PM.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    trusty i am not getting discomfort by this game i can leave your game or stay really no skin off my back just trying to get you to understand people will leave or not buy your game if this gets out that it is happening i am sure you are working on it but just taking pistols or limiting it doesnt do much they can still keam kill with a rifle hopefully you procedures will ban these people cause it will start to cost you players trust me
    If it's not skin off your back then why are you still here? Bye! lol

If people want to make suggestions it one thing but when people start making demands and cursing at developers...its not very becoming of that person.

CSA Major

trying to help the game is not making demands its for the good of the game and if all you people with blinders on say well they will fix well used to play a really good game called naval action and concerns were voiced and dev said its ok being taken care of and well just look at steam and see how that game is going now

people who are passionate about this game care and want to make it good and most in this post just seem to not care about the massive team killing sure trusty said it is being worked on just want to make sure it is and these people get banned and by the way nerfing pistols isnt the way to do it but well that is another thread i figure many people would be upset when they watched that video but i guess people dont care or if it doesnt affect them no problem
    i voiced my concern and i am done now if it happends again you will lose a player

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    If it's not skin off your back then why are you still here? Bye! lol

If people want to make suggestions it one thing but when people start making demands and cursing at developers...its not very becoming of that person.
    True, but I feel like it mostly stems from people having expectations of the game too early in the process. Everyone at this closed alpha (are we still in tech alpha?) stage should have contributed with the knowledge that we're merely acting as a test-bed for Campfire games. Getting over excited about details of the game at this stage is not super productive. However, I get that the sentiment needs to be brought up about TKing. If no one brings it up, then player sentiment is not realized. Players need to keep a level head about them in understanding the stage of testing that we're in, and that they shouldn't be playing the game for extreme competiveness at this point.

I understand sal_tuskin's angst, because I did log into skirmish last night and saw all the TKing going on with the CSA (I would have been CSA had I not been forced USA due to team balance) and wondered, WTF are these guys doing!

All in due time, fella's, all in due time! Keep faith in Trusty's name, Trust in Trusty!!!!
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    True, but I feel like it mostly stems from people having expectations of the game too early in the process. Everyone at this closed alpha (are we still in tech alpha?) stage should have contributed with the knowledge that we're merely acting as a test-bed for Campfire games. Getting over excited about details of the game at this stage is not super productive. However, I get that the sentiment needs to be brought up about TKing. If no one brings it up, then player sentiment is not realized. Players need to keep a level head about them in understanding the stage of testing that we're in, and that they shouldn't be playing the game for extreme competiveness at this point.

I understand sal_tuskin's angst, because I did log into skirmish last night and saw all the TKing going on with the CSA (I would have been CSA had I not been forced USA due to team balance) and wondered, WTF are these guys doing!

All in due time, fella's, all in due time! Keep faith in Trusty's name, Trust in Trusty!!!!
    I think the issue here is the tone in which he is asking for this to be fixed. It comes off as if he was a top tier donor making demands when for all he knows they may actually be working on the coding for this issue. I don't think many of us here are privy to what is going on in the development of this game. I am sure that there are way more important things. Keeping in mind this is an alpha and it isn't that hard to track down a teamkiller.

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    trying to help the game is not making demands its for the good of the game and if all you people with blinders on say well they will fix well used to play a really good game called naval action and concerns were voiced and dev said its ok being taken care of and well just look at steam and see how that game is going now

people who are passionate about this game care and want to make it good and most in this post just seem to not care about the massive team killing sure trusty said it is being worked on just want to make sure it is and these people get banned and by the way nerfing pistols isnt the way to do it but well that is another thread i figure many people would be upset when they watched that video but i guess people dont care or if it doesnt affect them no problem
    i voiced my concern and i am done now if it happends again you will lose a player
    Just wanted to point out we're not reducing available Officer, NCO & Flag Bearer classes due to us wanting to reduce the amount of TK'ing - it's just a nice side effect of it.

We're introducing class limits because we want to have at least a somewhat authentic ratio between the classes in-game.

- Trusty