Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Is there any way to tell what company names are active.

  1. #1

    USA Major

    Lightfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    108

    Is there any way to tell what company names are active.

    It looks like everyone that ever logged into the forums created a company which makes it rather difficult to tell if the companies are really active (have players) and what names are taken.

    Is there a list of those actually active anywhere?

    Is there a list of names already taken so shouldn't be used (active and inactive)?

    Can the "Company Tool" be used to check this or is it just for setting up new Companies?

    My reason for asking is I want to join one of the US Regular companies since I am not from a northern state.
    There are quite a few listed in the forums but they appear inactive. If one doesn't exists I will probably create one but I don't think the game needs more companies.
    Lightfoot

  2. #2

    USA Captain

    SwingKid148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    It looks like everyone that ever logged into the forums created a company which makes it rather difficult to tell if the companies are really active (have players) and what names are taken.

    Is there a list of those actually active anywhere?

    Is there a list of names already taken so shouldn't be used (active and inactive)?

    Can the "Company Tool" be used to check this or is it just for setting up new Companies?

    My reason for asking is I want to join one of the US Regular companies since I am not from a northern state.
    There are quite a few listed in the forums but they appear inactive. If one doesn't exists I will probably create one but I don't think the game needs more companies.
    You are welcome to join in the 51st NY Company A!

    Company Thread: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...highlight=51st
    [51stNY(Co.B)] Henry Emerson

  3. #3

    CSA Captain

    Lance Rawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    841
    Id say your best bet is to look in the events section and see what units will be drilling or hosting other events. That will give you the best idea. My highest recommendation for the US side would be the 42nd PA Bucktails personally.
    To the Colors!

    Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot


  4. #4

    USA Captain

    FakeMessiah27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Id say your best bet is to look in the events section and see what units will be drilling or hosting other events. That will give you the best idea. My highest recommendation for the US side would be the 42nd PA Bucktails personally.
    Cheers! ^^

    Although we aren't US Regulars so we might not be what the OP is looking for.

    Either way though, one thing you could do to check if a company is active in the Company Tool, is scroll down and check the Company Records at the bottom of a company's page. It has time stamps for all the various activities. That's not to say a particular company might not be active in other places such as the forum or Steam but at least it's somewhat of an indication of activity.

    Using that trick you might be able to find a company of US Regulars that's active, but if you don't, you're always welcome to join the 42ndPA!

  5. #5

    USA Lieutenant Colonel

    F. L. Villarreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    299
    Or the 2nd Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry Company A.

    We are a disciplined organization that is looking for quality over quantity.
    Major F. L. Villarreal
    2nd Massachusetts Regiment HQ

    CLICK SIG IMAGE TO ENLIST!!!

  6. #6

    USA Major

    Lightfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    108
    While I probably will train and fight with the companies mentioned, I was really hoping the a US Regular outfit would form. Since I am not from PA, NY or MA, I would prefer a non-state connected company. Therefore US Regulars. So I am considering forming my own and hoping someone else with the same problem will join but up as well. But if one already exists I would join it. My problem is their seem to be dozens of US companies listed but maybe hundreds. There doesn't seem to be an end to the Forum postings for companies. I would join one if they were active but I think they are all inactive.

    It would be very helpful if a list of active companies existed and the inactive companies purged so the names would be useable. There aren't but there are only two US Sharp shooter and 10 US Regular Infantry regiments in the AoP at Antietam so the names to use are limited.

    If it looks like there are no US Regulars I may start one as a place holder but I will probably training with one of the 3 or 4 active companies since I suspect I will be a Company of One.
    Lightfoot

  7. #7
    Moderator

    CSA Major

    Leifr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    While I probably will train and fight with the companies mentioned, I was really hoping the a US Regular outfit would form. Since I am not from PA, NY or MA, I would prefer a non-state connected company. Therefore US Regulars. So I am considering forming my own and hoping someone else with the same problem will join but up as well. But if one already exists I would join it. My problem is their seem to be dozens of US companies listed but maybe hundreds. There doesn't seem to be an end to the Forum postings for companies. I would join one if they were active but I think they are all inactive.

    It would be very helpful if a list of active companies existed and the inactive companies purged so the names would be useable. There aren't but there are only two US Sharp shooter and 10 US Regular Infantry regiments in the AoP at Antietam so the names to use are limited.

    If it looks like there are no US Regulars I may start one as a place holder but I will probably training with one of the 3 or 4 active companies since I suspect I will be a Company of One.
    Hi Lightfoot.
    By using the Company Tool one may filter regiments by desired State. Of the 444 current registered companies (this includes mustering), 13 have been formed as US Regulars. It would seem that the 6th US Regulars and the 2nd US Regulars are popular, I advise seeking out these two groups if you are not willing to form your own group. The 2nd US Regulars may be found here on the forum, it seems that the 6th US Regulars do not have a thread on the forum despite being one of the largest companies on the Union side - not all companies are active on the forum. You can however send a telegram to the Captain of the 6th US Regulars on the 'Company Tool' and enquire therein.

    Hope this helps in your endeavour.
    Captain Jim J. Digby, 8th Virginia Regiment, Company 'H'

  8. #8

    USA Major

    Lightfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    108
    Actually I counted 24 companies distributed over 11 regiments. Someone some months ago had set up a common Steam account for US Regulars but there are no posts in it. I am posting on some of the Companies that seem to have members to see if they are still active it looks like a large number of these companies are place holders for Beta players. I'll keep checking each one until I can figure out if they are really active or not.
    Lightfoot

  9. #9

    USA Lieutenant General

    MadWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Zuid-Holland, Netherlands.
    Posts
    401
    You have 3 types of active atm.
    1) Active on the forum.
    2) Active in game.
    3) Active in game and on the forum.

    My tip is to join as many of the events for WoR and see what group fits you the best. A active reg. does not auto. mean that you like the reg.

  10. #10

    USA General of the Army

    A. P. Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Posts
    2,442
    Sounds like a tip for the devs.

    In the company tool units that are initiated there should change text/font color, if possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •