Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In light of the recent outrage against Civil War Monuments

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    sommatta, you guys can't read the (click link to read) ...

USA 1st Lieutenant

That's quite a funny article, A. P. Hill. I've shared it with my friends. Hopefully, they think it's real.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I hope someday the confederate soldiers will be seen as the actors of the war and not the instigators of it (look to politicians for that instead).
    This right here! I agree 100%!

USA Captain

Civil war's is not an American invention. Many millions have died in europe of civil war's. Why shut it be more difficult for Americans to move on . . . . Its over a 150 years ago now.
    I do how ever think the posible removal of the R. E. Lee statue is a mistake. Its part of the history of the US. At some point we reach a limit of what is political correct, we cant remove all sign's of mistakes and think it will be forgotten or disapear, its part of the history and genetic's of any nation.

I had my thoughts about playing under the southern flag even form the start of this game, being raised in a country where raismen and killing for your idelogical belives, is so remote to anyone living here.
    The reason event's seeing KKK and white supremacy abusing the Southern flag, makes it very unplesant, playing under that colour in the game. The abuse of the flag is how ever not something, that are to make the flag illegal.
    Its a reason to make the organizations behind them illegal ! They abuse the icons and figures of the war.

When i play as rebel i never consider the slavery aspect, i consider it a tribute to those who where mislead in thier faith to fight and belive and die, for a wrong cause in thier naivity and lack of knowledge, of the World they lived in. Yesterday's enemies, are tomorrows friends.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Civil war's is not an American invention. Many millions have died in europe of civil war's. Why shut it be more difficult for Americans to move on . . . . Its over a 150 years ago now.
    I do how ever think the posible removal of the R. E. Lee statue is a mistake. Its part of the history of the US. At some point we reach a limit of what is political correct, we cant remove all sign's of mistakes and think it will be forgotten or disapear, its part of the history and genetic's of any nation.

I had my thoughts about playing under the southern flag even form the start of this game, being raised in a country where raismen and killing for your idelogical belives, is so remote to anyone living here.
    The reason event's seeing KKK and white supremacy abusing the Southern flag, makes it very unplesant, playing under that colour in the game. The abuse of the flag is how ever not something, that are to make the flag illegal.
    Its a reason to make the organizations behind them illegal ! They abuse the icons and figures of the war.

When i play as rebel i never consider the slavery aspect, i consider it a tribute to those who where mislead in thier faith to fight and belive and die, for a wrong cause in thier naivity and lack of knowledge, of the World they lived in. Yesterday's enemies, are tomorrows friends.
    I agree with pretty much all that you've stated, but do wish for you would consider that not all decisions to fight for your property (your farm, not your slaves) and your family's protection is not derived from naivity or lack of knowledge. It's easy for us today to pass judgment on circumstances for which we did not experience. However, if you were told today that an army was strolling down your road in two days time, to burn your property and steal your belongings, and otherwise invade and occupy your town, might your township gather to defend themselves?
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    sommatta, you guys can't read the (click link to read) ...
    the link didn't work for me... but I thank you publicly for giving me a PM to let me know... and I am glad it was a joke.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

I almost fell for it...
    Recruit Saccadon (Soldier name Daniel R. Rigdon)
    50th Georgia Volunteer Infantry - Company G

USA Lieutenant General

I personally find it outrageous, all soldiers of the civil war were Americans regardless, a life lost on each side is a lost life for America, and for someone to say that they should be taken down because it's offensive is an excuse to not want to take the time to study and research the civil war.