Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: been awhile since i studied the civil war regarding melee deaths

CSA Major

david i couldnt have said that better myself guns seem so ineffective and melees seems so overpowered
    hope this gets fixed cause it is ruining the game for me and lot of my friends

i know trusty you say you are working that is great hope it is quickly

CSA Captain

Now I understand why the devs were so hesitant with skirmish release. Everyone demands "their" improvments and fixes quickly...

I also want some improvements (you know - the individual morale system), but I understand it will take some time and there are other priorities.

I have yet to see anyone "demand" a fix.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

What's the crack with the morale and surviving a melee hit?
    I was stabbed this evening several times during Union charges (lol), none of them proved fatal as each only managed the singular stab. The quickest way to be rid of the blurriness and reverb effect (which I assume is meant to simulate bleeding) was to singularly counter-charge into the Union and suicide. Seems uh... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    What's the crack with the morale and surviving a melee hit?
    I was stabbed this evening several times during Union charges (lol), none of them proved fatal as each only managed the singular stab. The quickest way to be rid of the blurriness and reverb effect (which I assume is meant to simulate bleeding) was to singularly counter-charge into the Union and suicide. Seems uh... yeah...
    The crack is to reduce the effectiveness of engaging in melee while also adding a risk of getting stabbed yourself in order to reduce the willingness to engage in it in the first place.

This has been further built upon with the introduction of the formation buff system (slower suppression recovery time when out of line) and will soon be expanded to result in a costlier death for the team as well as for th individual (once flag bearer spawning is in).

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The crack is to reduce the effectiveness of engaging in melee while also adding a risk of getting stabbed yourself in order to reduce the willingness to engage in it in the first place.

This has been further built upon with the introduction of the formation buff system (slower suppression recovery time when out of line) and will soon be expanded to result in a costlier death for the team as well as for th individual (once flag bearer spawning is in).

- Trusty
    If stabbed, does one recover faster when amongst a group of players?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I was stabbed yesterday, apparently only once, but I was left for dead or my attacker was also likely killed in the process as there were a couple other bodies laying around me when I was able to recover and continue the battle. Near as I could tell I was alone in that part of the field, and it took approximately 2 minutes to get my sight and mobility back.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I was stabbed yesterday, apparently only once, but I was left for dead or my attacker was also likely killed in the process as there were a couple other bodies laying around me when I was able to recover and continue the battle. Near as I could tell I was alone in that part of the field, and it took approximately 2 minutes to get my sight and mobility back.
    Yup happened once for me too .... Seems a bit over geared and way to much. I went out and got a cup of coffe, waited and waited ..... Thought it might be a bug or something. Then it became anoying ...
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 10-15-2017 at 04:07 PM.

CSA Captain

If melee is so frowned upon why not just take the ability to use it away.
    Seems like it would be less frustrating not having it then what they are doing to it.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    If melee is so frowned upon why not just take the ability to use it away.
    Seems like it would be less frustrating not having it then what they are doing to it.
    Melee is not frowned upon, the constant melee charges is frowned upon
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX