Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: been awhile since i studied the civil war regarding melee deaths

CSA Major

so trusty what is stopping the whole union army from going with sharps rifles and since you bring up the real life stuff like most dev do well what about the respawn when you die you die you cant come back so you only choose which real life aspect is used really not fair for the union to get twice the firepower of csa but oh well the union has to win somehow

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    well what about the respawn when you die you die you cant come back
    Who said you are the same soldier again? Regiments consisted of several hundred soldiers and you might be part of the reserves.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Who said you are the same soldier again? Regiments consisted of several hundred soldiers and you might be part of the reserves.
    LOL Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    so trusty what is stopping the whole union army from going with sharps rifles and since you bring up the real life stuff like most dev do well what about the respawn when you die you die you cant come back so you only choose which real life aspect is used really not fair for the union to get twice the firepower of csa but oh well the union has to win somehow
    Regiments are limited to different skirmish areas.

@ Hill you're thinking of the company battles much further down the development path.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post

Pretty weak argument considering you're adding customization :P

Not that I disagree with multiple lives; I prefer it. However it doesnt really justify much
    Last edited by David Dire; 08-17-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Major

It looks like there are going to be some "interesting" changes coming to skirmish battles.

I hope that whatever system they come up with for allocating officers isn't to rigid. The Companies are really more what other games call guilds. Command positions are obtained by the amount of work they contribute to helping organize and maintain the Company. I wouldn't want the "Officer" in the game to tightly linked to those so that other players can't ever play officers unless they start their own Companies and declare themselves Leader for life.
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    It looks like there are going to be some "interesting" changes coming to skirmish battles.

I hope that whatever system they come up with for allocating officers isn't to rigid. The Companies are really more what other games call guilds. Command positions are obtained by the amount of work they contribute to helping organize and maintain the Company. I wouldn't want the "Officer" in the game to tightly linked to those so that other players can't ever play officers unless they start their own Companies and declare themselves Leader for life.

They are not.

They are available on a first come first served basis.

Company specific battles is not at all a priority at the moment.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Wounds caused by bayonets or other melee weapons were usually fatal and therefore counted among the statistics as a death, not a wound. There are countless first-hand accounts of men moving into melee through primary sources - letters, diaries and the such. That's not to say that it was a regular occurrence though and certainly would have never accounted for 75% of all deaths as you suggest is happening here. I dispute your suggestion and would defer to the developers and those who participate in the weekend events to make further comment. This is an Alpha and the game is subject to further improvement; melee is on the agenda to be revamped at a time deemed appropriate by CFG.
    Personally I think you shouldn't be able to fix bayonets unless an officer from "YOUR" company or regiment gives the command by in game "voice/action"

- Kyle

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Personally I think you shouldn't be able to fix bayonets unless an officer from "YOUR" company or regiment gives the command by in game "voice/action"

- Kyle
    many times those officers are dead, I think the coding to go to next in line would be tremendous.. cause it could be a senior private... so I vote NO on your idea.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Dether View Post
    many times those officers are dead, I think the coding to go to next in line would be tremendous.. cause it could be a senior private... so I vote NO on your idea.
    I understand where Kyle's coming from, but agree that the coding would probably be horrendous, and with death potentially causing various groups to gather their men together, it would be tough to know what the chain of command would be. Also, some accounts that I've read suggest that during the intensity of battle, that sometimes commands came from the person who was willing to give the command, like Dether mentions, sometimes a private. Whether it was to reload, fire, or even charge.
    Civil War Ancestors: