Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: been awhile since i studied the civil war regarding melee deaths

How about making stabbing drain stamina (and morale) quickly, and/or instead?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    How about making stabbing drain stamina (and morale) quickly, and/or instead?
    - Attacking in melee mode consumes a little bit of stamina. If your attack also hits another player you will consume additional stamina.

From update 70.

- Trusty

CSA Major

What does that do though? I stabbed one player, my player was out of breath, but then I gored another player...then I was murdered by another yo-yo with a bayonet. So, not too sure what the loss in stamina accomplished. Not being critical, just genuinely curious.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

Quote Originally Posted by LJPII View Post
    What does that do though? I stabbed one player, my player was out of breath, but then I gored another player...then I was murdered by another yo-yo with a bayonet. So, not too sure what the loss in stamina accomplished. Not being critical, just genuinely curious.
    You can't sprint/charge if you're out of stamina. Being low on stamina also blurs your vision and makes your aim worse.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We might experiment a bit with two stabs to take someone down rather than one as it currently is to reflect this (and to lessen the effect of melee).

Several effects could be applied to the soldier having been stabbed once (less stamina, etc).

- Trusty
    Would clubbing an enemy then require 3 hits? I'm definitely in favor of anything that helps to discourage the constant bayonet charges. Perhaps a bayonet stab is still fatal, but also a delayed kill? Also, I think that players running around need to make a bit more noise as it's simply too easy to sneak up on the enemy even when realistically the target would hear and/or spot them charging well in advance. And I also agree with Lightfoot's point that using Alt while reloading should cancel the player's normal head movements as he goes through the whole loading process.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    - Attacking in melee mode consumes a little bit of stamina. If your attack also hits another player you will consume additional stamina.

From update 70.

- Trusty
    While you're at it ... Please look into not allowing a person charging in melee with bayonet thrust forward to run through players so that if he runs down a line from the flank he can't take everyone out. If a person hits a player with his pig sticker, he should be stopped from a continuous on going charge. He'll have to reset himself to continue.

USA Major

Press R a second time to cancel your reload.

- Trusty
    That cancels the reload but it takes a while. I haven't timed it but I have never survived long enough to go from reloading to melee mode to tell if it works. It requires a lot of actions and watching animations before you have control of your character again especially if you were in a kneeling position. If the charging enemy that triggered the need hasn't been killed by another player you are usually dead long before you are capable of any counter action.
    Lightfoot

There should be a melee attack button and a charge bayonets mode, rather than having to charge bayonets to melee. Otherwise the game becomes downright unpleasant from the jankiness.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

i have curtailed my game time to almost none cause i am so sick of all the stabie stabie, plus you miss someone from 10ft but they stab you, you have to do something most of the people i play with are tried of all the bayonet charging
    these guns need to be more accurate period, no way you miss someone at 25ft running at you with a sticker not really realistic

most of us are just playing the events now not at all during the week cause this bayonet shit is about over the top please make these dam rifles more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    i have curtailed my game time to almost none cause i am so sick of all the stabie stabie, plus you miss someone from 10ft but they stab you, you have to do something most of the people i play with are tried of all the bayonet charging
    these guns need to be more accurate period, no way you miss someone at 25ft running at you with a sticker not really realistic

most of us are just playing the events now not at all during the week cause this bayonet shit is about over the top please make these dam rifles more accurate
    The rifles are very accurate.

As I've hinted at several times (in this thread too) we are working on ways to lessen the advantages of charging into a melee as well as give an overall advantage to players in tight groups/formations when facing a much more disorganized enemy.

The first implementation to counter crazy melee charges non stop is in-game at the moment: a high cost of stamina when you stab someone (resulting in a worse aim and shorter distance you're able to charge afterwards). You're most likely going to see yet another game update today altering how the melee system functions overall (and probably many more down the line).

- Trusty