Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Observation (& Opinion)

USA Major

My Observation (& Opinion)

In reference to Lyter's post and the ensuing comments that were made, I just wanted to make a personal statement of my own on the matter.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (1) I understand that people are mad and upset that the game is taking longer than expected to develop. If we are all being honest with ourselves (that include the Administration and Development Team as well), those that want to stick around will. There are trolls in any organization, business, or game. That is what life is about, sorting the trolls out from the people that actually matter. Luckily, in the realm of the internet, we have tools that can allow for those trolls to be removed from our experiences. In real life, doing this is much more complex, but that is a discussion for a different time and place.

(2) Everyone has worked for the money that they have spent on this game. Personally, I have spent $250 at least getting the game for myself and for others. I know plenty of people in the community that have spent MUCH more than I have. I know that the game is being developed, but that is why I paid a premium price, so that I could be apart of that development and hopefully leave some sort of impact somewhere on this game that will be played by thousands of people.

(3) The community as a whole is great. There are however like I have stated above, there are people who make the time spent in the community unpleasant and make the energy that we all spend building a core group of individuals (since that is the only way to really play the game at the moment) meaningless sometimes. I would like to see a more democratic and representative movement in this community. I think that it would bring it together rather than driving it apart. There is no need to have everyone under one roof when it comes to organizing companies and regiments and all that jazz, but here on the forums we should all be equals.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone who has spent money on this game in its pre-release form has done so in order to help the Administration and Development Team. Anyone who thinks that they deserve their money back for the simple fact that the game is not what they thought it was should have waited for it to come on out Steam so that they could use the refund system that is installed there. We have all committed time, money, energy, and yes, even some blood and some tears, into this. So let's focus on fixing the bad, highlighting the good, and making this a more united community.

Yes, this is a game set in the American Civil War, but that does not warrant the division, the hatred, and the criticism that has been whirling around lately. To quote Abraham Lincoln, "A house divided cannot stand." To quote Jefferson Davis. "Obstacles may retard, but they cannot long prevent the progress of a movement sanctioned by its justice and sustained by a virtuous people."

USA Lieutenant General

I agree.
    Last edited by [WoR] Kiff; 08-20-2017 at 07:53 PM.

CSA Major General

well that post was closed for a reason and by the request of Lyter.. so I see no reason to reopen that.. you have said your peace, and hopefully all can move on and have fun.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

USA General of the Army

I completely agree with your Points, in Principle, but ...
    I also point out that the point of the Original Post and ensuing Thread was entirely about a certain person disrupting Events with team Killing, that was reported but not addressed by Staff.
    Thankfully, it HAS been addressed, since the time the Thread was closed.

The sad state that ensued, in which both sides of the argument became entrenched and combative, was unfortunate and although it was worked out to a certain degree it does bring up a point I have made previously ...
    If we can not get along, this game will end up with almost every Unit hosting its own Server and everyone playing by themselves.

The quote I would add is ...
    “When two brothers are busy fighting, an evil man can easily attack and rob their poor mother.
    Mankind should always stay united, standing shoulder to shoulder so evil can never cheat and divide them.”
    - Suzy Kassem

The Trolls will be weeded out eventually, so worry not Friends.
    Last edited by John Cooley; 08-21-2017 at 12:55 AM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post

The Trolls will be weeded out eventually, so worry not Friends.
    Trolls will be weeded out as soon as Cry engine lets us do so. Don't worry though if you wanna TK on purpose or troll I wont hesitate for a second to drop the ban hammer. It would be a shame if someone spent $70 or more dollars just to troll and TK then get banned. Most likely not ever being able to play the said game again.

- Kyle

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Trolls will be weeded out as soon as Cry engine lets us do so. Don't worry though if you wanna TK on purpose or troll I wont hesitate for a second to drop the ban hammer. It would be a shame if someone spent $70 or more dollars just to troll and TK then get banned. Most likely not ever being able to play the said game again.

- Kyle
    Well on Official Servers...

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    Correct.

We'll leave the privately hosted server owners to manage their own servers & rules. We can't possibly (nor should we) police all servers ourselves.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post

- Kyle
    What is your definition of a troll? In my opinion a troll isn't necessary someone who team kills. I personly thinks SOMETIMES it's a good think to give the game some roleplay. For example if a private throughs his weapon away and screams and runs away. This is deserting or what we would call it in Germany: Fahnenflucht. In the time of the civil war you will get shot for deserting by your own officer. Sometimes I do ,,teamkilling'' if someone of my men desert. You know like the guys of my or the company i take part. I would never teamkill someone who is not in my company, so im definitly not a troll as soon as i can say that But I definitly don't wanna get banned for ,,Roleplay-Teamkilling'' because I really love this game. Of course Roleplay teamkilling, if it is OK that i call it so, don't gives me the right to kill everyone of my team. But I think (now theres the Sergeant speaking in me) to kill a deserter will give the rest of the men motivation to stay in line. This is inj my oppinion roleplay. So I personnly won't ban someone who teamkills a few players because he could do roleplay-teamkilling. If someone kills like in 10 minutes 3 people is in my oppinion a troll because his motivation isn't to give the game roleplay, he wants to destroy the fun of other people, so you have to find a good the line when it stops roleplay teamkilling and starts trolling.

Hopefully I could present my thoughs in a way you can understand it. Thanks for your time.

Greetings from Germany
    Last edited by Max Krause; 08-21-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    Max Petersen

Quote Originally Posted by Max Krause View Post
    What is your definition of a troll? In my opinion a troll isn't necessary someone who team kills. I personly thinks SOMETIMES it's a good think to give the game some roleplay. For example if a private throughs his weapon away and screams and runs away. This is deserting or what we would call it in Germany: Fahnenflucht. In the time of the civil war you will get shot for deserting by your own officer. Sometimes I do ,,teamkilling'' if someone of my men desert. You know like the guys of my or the company i take part. I would never teamkill someone who is not in my company, so im definitly not a troll as soon as i can say that But I definitly don't wanna get banned for ,,Roleplay-Teamkilling'' because I really love this game. Of course Roleplay teamkilling, if it is OK that i call it so, don't gives me the right to kill everyone of my team. But I think (now theres the Sergeant speaking in me) to kill a deserter will give the rest of the men motivation to stay in line. This is inj my oppinion roleplay. So I personnly won't ban someone who teamkills a few players because he could do roleplay-teamkilling. If someone kills like in 10 minutes 3 people is in my oppinion a troll because his motivation isn't to give the game roleplay, he wants to destroy the fun of other people, so you have to find a good the line when it stops roleplay teamkilling and starts trolling.

Hopefully I could present my thoughs in a way you can understand it. Thanks for your time.

Greetings from Germany
    I wouldn't worry about the occasional tk - at least on the public servers. We'll make sure to get the extreme cases out of here but some leeway is important to give at the same time. We want to get rid of the people griefing mindlessly but obviously not someone who's had a few unlucky shots with a revolver in a hard fought battle up close.

- Trusty