Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Observation (& Opinion)

CSA Captain

I guess this as good as any thread to ask my question. I have paid for the Closed Beta part but thinking of upgrading to get into the game now. Would it be worth the extra money to get into the Alpha? As in is it active enough to be worth an extra $30? Any opinion or answer on this would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by HopSin View Post
    I guess this as good as any thread to ask my question. I have paid for the Closed Beta part but thinking of upgrading to get into the game now. Would it be worth the extra money to get into the Alpha? As in is it active enough to be worth an extra $30? Any opinion or answer on this would be much appreciated.
    Sure it is!.. I'm not biased.. at all..

Joking aside, I'll tell you the same I tell anyone else asking the same question: only pledge for alpha access if you wish to support the development of the game further. You can then look at the alpha access as a bit of a reward (which it is) instead of a "product" you paid $69 for.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

No offense meant Trusty but I'd rather a player's opinion ya know. The game is beautiful and very interesting. I'm just concerned about how much play time I'd get in the Alpha is all.

USA General of the Army

It's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    It's worth it
    He asked for a player's opinion.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    He asked for a player's opinion.
    With 117 hours in-game, I think that Bravescot qualifies as a player.

Best,
    Dman979

Here here!
    Oh, may our Stars and Stripes still wave
    Forever o'er the free and brave,
    And let our motto ever be --
    "For Union and for Liberty!"

I am a Player aswell, and I love it. I try to play at least one time per week, when the european skirmish event is taking place.

I can just say that the 69€ or were well spent

This game is already very good and it can only get better and better.

That's my opinion

USA General of the Army

My $840 was well spent.
    I skirm EVERY day and Fri-Mon there is a good number of people on the Servers.
    The rewards are nice but since Half of the Reward uniforms are Union (which I would have to TK myself if I ever caught myself wearing them) and the Gen of the Army Badge is Union only (Note that I have to use the LT Gen badge which is 1 rank lower than my Pledge level) ... My suggestion would be, as Trusty said, to do it because you want to support the game NOT for the rewards.
    They are the icing but the cake is getting to hone your skills and tactics well before the Johnny Come Latelys ... along with interacting with the Community.
    Last edited by John Cooley; 08-23-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    My $840 was well spent.
    I skirm EVERY day and Fri-Mon there is a good number of people on the Servers.
    The rewards are nice but since Half of the Reward uniforms are Union (which I would have to TK myself if I ever caught myself wearing them) and the Gen of the Army Badge is Union only (Note that I have to use the LT Gen badge which is 1 rank lower than my Pledge level) ... My suggestion would be, as Trusty said, to do it because you want to support the game NOT for the rewards.
    They are the icing but the cake is getting to hone your skills and tactics well before the Johnny Come Latelys ... along with interacting with the Community.
    With a metric shit-ton of in-game hours, and also a considerable amount of $ donated.....

^ What he said!
    Civil War Ancestors: