Thread: Right Shoulder Shift Arms

USA Captain

Right Shoulder Shift Arms

Hi guys,

i have a little Idea that maybe could make Right Shoulder Shift more usefull. I think it is a great idea to make the Quick Time and Double Quick Time faster when you are in the Right Shoulder Shift mode. And not to only give him a + point, you could add that before you get into the ready or any other position that the character has to go over Shoulder Arms, so Right Shoudler Shift has a good use for long distances and if you get close to the enemy, but you have still a short distance until you can shoot them you should switch to Shoulder Arms because if you re standing infront of the enemy and you could shoot, you first have to go in Shoulder Arms and that would take too much time and the enemy could take the first value.

Maybe it is something you already fought about or I could gave you a little suggestion.

Greetings from Germany
    Last edited by Max Krause; 08-21-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    Max Petersen

I was thinking about suggesting this. Moving in 'order arms' is just stupid and any polite person shoulders the formation's arms in real life. Movement system needs a number of tweaks IMO. Nobody's walking through the rocks at the slaughter pen on plum run in either of those stances. While they could serve some practical purpose in some way other than purely looking pretty.

CSA Major General

well since shoulder shift was what was used for the long march.. perhaps make it use less stamina... cause it does ... in real life. as well as easier to get into firing position.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

USA Captain

Thats what I was thinking about, something that makes it more usefull
    Max Petersen

Quote Originally Posted by Dether View Post
    well since shoulder shift was what was used for the long march.. perhaps make it use less stamina... cause it does ... in real life. as well as easier to get into firing position.
    +1 Like that idea indeed.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dether View Post
    I'm down with this also! +1
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

I can support the ideas expressed in this thread. I would also put forward a suggestion that when halted at right shoulder shift arms, the animation will immediately go back to shoulder arms, as was done historically. This would prepare you to be ready to fire in less time, and feel less awkward.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    I can support the ideas expressed in this thread. I would also put forward a suggestion that when halted at right shoulder shift arms, the animation will immediately go back to shoulder arms, as was done historically. This would prepare you to be ready to fire in less time, and feel less awkward.
    Agreed
    Max Petersen

CSA Major

Yeah