Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 23-08-2017 Thirty-Seventh Field Report: Pledge Reward Uniforms & Harper's Ferry

I am very excited to see how strategies will alter in a city environment. I love the detail put in the map and how well the map fit to its historical past. This will definitely be my favorite map.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you. I don't see any of the rewards as being purposeless. Could you please go a bit more into detail?

We're basically bringing the uniform rewards up to the availability of the weapon rewards.

If a regiment you've selected used, say, rifles you'll be able to use your backer reward rifles (taking up the same numbers as any other rifle would do in the regiment (percentage limited weapons stuff to be introduced fairly soon).

If the regiment had a few scoped weapons you'll be able to use your target rifle, again from that same regimental "pool" of scoped rifles available.

This ensures maximum usability of the rewards with no changes to power (no buy to win). The check marks for the uniform usage is instead of the weapon availability check, simply a check regarding class availability (NCO, officer, flag bearer, etc).

- Trusty
    Trusty,

How does the possibility of a soldier from one company/regiment falling into another company/regiment due to getting lost, company depleted, etc, affect the use of the uniform rewards? Wouldn't that be quite possible?

Or the same could go for the use of a weapon reward. What was the chance that someone could have just swapped their weapon for a J.F. Target rifle, if/when they found it on the field? I'm sure use of different ammo could have been a limiting and deciding factor in whether to switch or not.

Do these examples negate some of the desire to limit reward use?

Just curious. Thanks
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rust View Post
    I am very excited to see how strategies will alter in a city environment. I love the detail put in the map and how well the map fit to its historical past. This will definitely be my favorite map.
    Lots of threads on this, namely the need to have a decent ballistics model:

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...ght=ballistics

From the screens it looks amazing, but i imagine when you get in-Game it feels a bit static. Put a load of Players in there and you're going to see buildings being camped while others akwardly try to rush up to the Snipers inside.

Decent Ballistics model + Buildings having different states (like ARMA 3) Undamaged - lightly Damaged - seriously damaged could be the way to go to remedey this.
    Last edited by R21; 08-31-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R21 View Post
    Lots of threads on this, namely the need to have a decent ballistics model:

From the screens it looks amazing, but i imagine when you get in-Game it feels a bit static. Put a load of Players in there and you're going to see buildings being camped while others akwardly try to rush up to the Snipers inside.

Decent Ballistics model + Buildings having different states (like ARMA 3) Undamaged - lightly Damaged - seriously damaged could be the way to go to remedey this.
    Town houses aren't enterable.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant Colonel

That's one way to solve the problem!

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Town houses aren't enterable.

- Trusty
    Are they going to be?

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    Are they going to be?
    Shouldn't be as the actual battle that took place there was on the western outskirts of the town. No need to enter Harper's Ferry proper except to march through.

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

the 11th Mississippi Co A & G had black trim on there uniforms not red

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Of Longtree View Post
    the 11th Mississippi Co A & G had black trim on there uniforms not red

Since the pictures are black and white, you can't tell, if they are dark red or black trim.
    Please link to some written sources for that.

Our sources just mention the red trim.
    The quartermaster reports for the 11th MS mentioned: "with red trim on the collar and cuffs, and eight red chest bars with buttons at each end". Thats how the regiment was fitted.
    The Mississippi regulation for the militia and army mentioned "Red for Infantry" as trim.

The black and white pictures are no evidences, because you can't see the difference between black and dark red in such pictures.
    Last edited by Hinkel; 01-07-2018 at 10:04 AM.