Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Voice Chat Always Global

CSA Colonel

In-Game Voice Chat Always Global

I know this is a "known" issue but it has been persistent with me for the last month and a half. Restarting the game does not resolve the issue.

I've reinstalled the game several times, reinstalled drivers for my headset, tried a different headsets, and a fresh OS install. Nothing works. At this point I would be happy to mute ingame sound just so I can relay orders via TS or bear to play the game longer than 30 minutes without getting a massive headache.

Anything else I can try on my end and does it involve giving away my first born?
    Last edited by LTC Philip A. Work; 08-25-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Texans Always Move Them

USA Captain

At the moment you have only 2 choices. First choice: You turn your complete sound up so you can hear your men better. Or Second choice is, that you turn it down and don't unterstand him.

But no there isn't way to only mute the ingame voice chat if it that what you mean. I personally don't have a problem with that because in my oppinion muting the ingame voice chat is pretty boring. You don't hear someone who screams at you when charging or if someone dies or gets shot his screams. So It would take a big part of the atmosphaire and i wouldn't recomment it.

Now something to the orders. Why are so many people do their commands over TS, Discord or something else outside the game? Yeah you could say that you can understand it better, but isn't that a part of the realism of the game? You take a part of it if you do it over TS because I like if I hear orders from diffrent officers because it gives me personally a better feeling and I can better identify myself with a soldier of this time age. Isn't it boringn that you ever can hear your commands. I think it'S cool when you can't hear anything because of the artillery. Think about it, you're standing in artillery fire and you can still hear your officer but nothing else. This is why it takes a big part of realism in this game.

Hopefully I wasn't too rude.

Greetings from Germany.
    Max Petersen

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Max Krause View Post
    At the moment you have only 2 choices. First choice: You turn your complete sound up so you can hear your men better. Or Second choice is, that you turn it down and don't unterstand him.

But no there isn't way to only mute the ingame voice chat if it that what you mean. I personally don't have a problem with that because in my oppinion muting the ingame voice chat is pretty boring. You don't hear someone who screams at you when charging or if someone dies or gets shot his screams. So It would take a big part of the atmosphaire and i wouldn't recomment it.

Now something to the orders. Why are so many people do their commands over TS, Discord or something else outside the game? Yeah you could say that you can understand it better, but isn't that a part of the realism of the game? You take a part of it if you do it over TS because I like if I hear orders from diffrent officers because it gives me personally a better feeling and I can better identify myself with a soldier of this time age. Isn't it boringn that you ever can hear your commands. I think it'S cool when you can't hear anything because of the artillery. Think about it, you're standing in artillery fire and you can still hear your officer but nothing else. This is why it takes a big part of realism in this game.

Hopefully I wasn't too rude.

Greetings from Germany.
    I believe he means that he's constantly hearing everybody, all the time. Even if they're on the other side of the map, as if everyone on the server was in one big TeamSpeak channel together.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    I believe he means that he's constantly hearing everybody, all the time. Even if they're on the other side of the map, as if everyone on the server was in one big TeamSpeak channel together.
    Ohh my fault. I'm sorry...
    Max Petersen

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    Yup, it's just a cacophony of noise, but you do hear the most interesting conversations haha

Texans Always Move Them

USA Captain

Yeah I have that bug too but only when im about to deploy.
    Max Petersen

CSA Captain

I had that issue before. If you're only dealing with your own guys, I would just turn the ingame volume WAY down, and keep your TS volume high. I think reinstalling fixed the issue for me, but obviously you've already tried that.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

I notice this happens sometimes (or maybe all the time) when I join a server from the steam menu. When I load the game and go to 'find servers' then I don't have the problem.

CSA Colonel

This is still an issue after the last two patches

EDIT: Thanks to the dev's for their guidance, this seems to be a hardware/software issue separate from the game. If I find a solution I will post it here for the benefit of the community as I know others have been experiencing similar issues.
    Last edited by LTC Philip A. Work; 09-16-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Texans Always Move Them

USA Captain

I have had this same problem and saw on another post it is linked to some USB headsets. Doesn't sound like there is any real rhyme or reason to it at this point.