Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shape up ! Saturday events !

USA Captain

Shape up ! Saturday events !

The lack of competent officers is reaching a low level . . .

The last saturday events has become a deroute of leadership and incompetent officers.
    Its a riddel why people wants to play as officers when they have no idea of what it requires.

On the union side has things delveloped into a dicussion club, where neat marching seems to be the sole purpose of thier gaming. Officers who talk like thier one big excuse, no backbone, and no commanding with a serious voice.
    They have no plan of thier attack, and even worse, littel or none knowledge, of the maps. They even ask what do you think we shut do, or spends 10 mins figuring out who's in command. We spend more than 10 - 15 mins just standing there doing nothing in each round.

If you take command . . . Then know the maps, have a plan and excute it firm and fast. Speek with a loud voice, its commanding and not a democratic tea club. Shape up . . .

USA General of the Army

At the risk of getting, yet another, Official Warning, here are my two cents ...

I have played on both sides, often, and the Leadership problems are different for each side.
    While both sides do share the common malady of "shake and bake" officers (gained through purchase and not experience) ...
    The North has a lack of Leaders.
    I found the troops to be motivated, smart and willing to learn, as well as be lead. I am always impressed by how well they follow and execute orders. They grasp the strategic concepts when explained and are not the mindless drones so often seen in these games. Their Leaders just do not Lead, imo.
    The South has the Opposite problem ... a plethora of Leaders who all want to lead rather than cooperate and stress Teamwork.

As has been oft stated ... it is still very early and experience and cooperation will be gained by those who seek it.
    I have high hopes for both sides but, for now, we tough it out and teach those willing to learn, at every level of the Chain of Command.

Note:
    This is not meant as an insult to anyone but just my observations as a Gamer of many years and veteran Army Drill Sergeant and Officer.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Captain

Its not intended to insult anyone, defently not . . . Its required to build a solid stock of officers to be ready, once the game becomes avalible to more players.
    To avoid rambo's, and players go on thier own on the battelfield.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Its not intended to insult anyone, defently not . . . Its required to build a solid stock of officers to be ready, once the game becomes avalible to more players.
    To avoid rambo's, and players go on thier own on the battelfield.
    Agreed and I applaud your effort and motivation, Sir.
    The Disclaimer, sadly, has become all too necessary in this Forum.
    Currently there are 2 Schools being organized to help teach Leadership skills.
    The Union one is Officers only while our Reb one also includes a School of the Soldier.
    I hope they both get off the ground and many benefit from their Courses of Instruction.

Yes, this is a softball tossed across the plate for those Schools to shamelessly advertise. heh
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Lol that is quite the observation Regulator. Not to insult anyone myself but that was my motivating factor with starting a federal company. Jump on our teamspeak one day when we are online (evenings EST and weekends as well), I think you would enjoy yourself with us. Which company are you with btw?

CSA Lieutenant General

Well a concept about a Accademy is spinning in my head. Not just to teach history etc, but a Accademy for Wor of Rights.

I am bussy and already finnished some files for WoR. as far historicall accuracy this games allows (By manouvering and easyness for officers,nco's and enlisted to complete. I converted Hardee's drill manual to WoR. This means comamnds will be used that fit in game are historicall or atleast verry historicall correct. Same counts for movements and executions of the commands.

This accademy will not only be for officers in how to lead and give commands correctly and calmly but also is open for drilling complete companies. Meaning that the company which signs up will follow the rule set of the accademy instead of there own. Outside teaching officers, its most likely I expect all officers to start from enlistedmen drills trough NCO drills towars company officer drills. Even Battalion and Regimental size leader ship etc will be given.

The accademy is here to help people to lead and to execute commands. Not to point out that every one does it wrong (caus most people always see it that way) But instead of letting some one lead completely iloggicall drill officers/instructors will correct you on the spot becaus you are learning. And if you do it wrong for 30 minuts its most likely you will do it wrong for ever.

The biggest plus side if many companies will go trough the accedemy people will use the same commands. execute them the same. So if a soldier switches company he does not need to be drilled from start again.

I am also thinking about a kind of reward system bij leaving remarks (down side is you cant unless they are in your own company) But atleast keep a file on this forum with all the names and dates people followed a course and passed tests for it and so if you ever aply for a other company you can show a kind of ripsheat which tells the commanding officer which courses you did and what can be expected from you. For example on Cooleys papers can be writen: Passed for company leading course. So you know he knows how to command and run a company.

Not only commands and manouvres will be teached. Aswell how a company was build up. Battallions and regiments even larger organization is needed.

For now its (sadly) only foccused on infantry. But thats the basic stuff. I hope to find some good people willing to think or even teach (if this ever will be a thing) cav and arty tactics, orders etc.

This accademy will be open to both sides. Its not a rebs or yank only accademy. And in accademy time respect form both sides to each other must be given and during events they can kill each other while properly drilled

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Valk View Post
    Well a concept about a Accademy is spinning in my head. Not just to teach history etc, but a Accademy for Wor of Rights.

I am bussy and already finnished some files for WoR. as far historicall accuracy this games allows (By manouvering and easyness for officers,nco's and enlisted to complete. I converted Hardee's drill manual to WoR. This means comamnds will be used that fit in game are historicall or atleast verry historicall correct. Same counts for movements and executions of the commands.

This accademy will not only be for officers in how to lead and give commands correctly and calmly but also is open for drilling complete companies. Meaning that the company which signs up will follow the rule set of the accademy instead of there own. Outside teaching officers, its most likely I expect all officers to start from enlistedmen drills trough NCO drills towars company officer drills. Even Battalion and Regimental size leader ship etc will be given.

The accademy is here to help people to lead and to execute commands. Not to point out that every one does it wrong (caus most people always see it that way) But instead of letting some one lead completely iloggicall drill officers/instructors will correct you on the spot becaus you are learning. And if you do it wrong for 30 minuts its most likely you will do it wrong for ever.

The biggest plus side if many companies will go trough the accedemy people will use the same commands. execute them the same. So if a soldier switches company he does not need to be drilled from start again.

I am also thinking about a kind of reward system bij leaving remarks (down side is you cant unless they are in your own company) But atleast keep a file on this forum with all the names and dates people followed a course and passed tests for it and so if you ever aply for a other company you can show a kind of ripsheat which tells the commanding officer which courses you did and what can be expected from you. For example on Cooleys papers can be writen: Passed for company leading course. So you know he knows how to command and run a company.

Not only commands and manouvres will be teached. Aswell how a company was build up. Battallions and regiments even larger organization is needed.

For now its (sadly) only foccused on infantry. But thats the basic stuff. I hope to find some good people willing to think or even teach (if this ever will be a thing) cav and arty tactics, orders etc.

This accademy will be open to both sides. Its not a rebs or yank only accademy. And in accademy time respect form both sides to each other must be given and during events they can kill each other while properly drilled
    I came up with an idea similar to this a month and a half or so ago and actually posted it as a group with some information and links...it was met with scrutiny. But I still think its a great idea and if you are interested maybe we could brainstorm and revamp it to where it would fit the needs of the community.

USA General of the Army

Aaaaaannnnndddd .... My work here is done. heh

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Aaaaaannnnndddd .... My work here is done. heh
    lol

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    I came up with an idea similar to this a month and a half or so ago and actually posted it as a group with some information and links...it was met with scrutiny. But I still think its a great idea and if you are interested maybe we could brainstorm and revamp it to where it would fit the needs of the community.
    We, my good sir, indeed need to talk. If you would add me on steam for easier contact, if you please, add [DI] Valk on steam.