Thread: Game Won't Launch From Steam

Game Won't Launch From Steam

I can't get the game to launch from Steam, when I press play it says running for 10 seconds then nothing happens. I have tried deleting and redownloading with no success.

Microprocessor
    2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410M Processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90 GHz
    Memory
    4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
    Memory Max
    Maximum supported = 16GB
    Video Graphics
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Your computer may not be able to run it. You are acceptable on RAM (even though I would suggest 8gb) and need a better graphics processing unit, I would imagine that integrated graphics would not suffice. Your CPU is fine.

Go to: http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...4&checkSubmit=

The game runs on cryengine.
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 08-29-2017 at 12:23 PM.

CRYENGINE doesn't officially support integrated graphics cards (such as yours). If you ever get the game to launch, you might be able to get a server to load by following these steps (no promises though): http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...ining-a-server

- Trusty

Thanks for the help. Is it possible to upgrade my graphics card or will I just have to wait until I get a new computer next May to play the game

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by MrColtsFan74 View Post
    Thanks for the help. Is it possible to upgrade my graphics card or will I just have to wait until I get a new computer next May to play the game
    It is physically possible but nowhere near easy to change a laptop GPU due to warranty issues and it being a bit more involved. I would suggest a new laptop or a desktop computer.

I can't join a server from my steam server list. I have to join the game first and then use its menu to find servers.

If I do try joining from steam's server list then I can never get in the server. However I do very quickly (as the game loads) start hearing all voice chat in that server. It's pretty weird. I can take a video some time when there's a decent number on a server. This has happened to me pretty steady for a month when I forget that I need to launch the game first.

Here's a video of what happens to me every single time when I join from steam's browser and not by opening the game first and then looking for servers.

Edit: It's also a good demonstration of the power of 3D voice chat to actually increase communication. A TON of people in games argue with me against local voice chat. I'm glad we don't have that problem here.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 09-01-2017 at 03:15 PM.