Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a good gaming headset ?

RhettVito

Where to buy a good gaming headset ?

Hello everyone just in the market and thinking of buying a new headset .

So with that being said just wondering what are you guys using and what do you recommend .

USA Captain

Im using turtle beach PX3's wireless headset, they have lasted me 3 years up to this point. Battery is still good since it is properly maintained, if you buy these you want to make sure they aren't permanently charging it will kill the battery. The quality of sound is very good for £60 and the mic quality is good too.

The only issues I had was that some of the plastic has come off when i knocked it afew months back and my mute switch no longer works after i fucked around with it.

So, Despite turtle beaches reputation, this headset has actually lasted me for ages and I would recommend them to anyone. Word of warning, these things are not the sturdiest of things so when using them just make sure you are not heavy handed with them.

USA Captain

If you can find them, The Platronic Gamecon 780's are amazing.

I can highly suggest this, if you dont mind the price: http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...cd1/index.html

Been using it for 2 years or so without flaw, and has a very good sound quality. Construction is nice and pretty portable if that's your kind of thing. You will not hear a sound outside of the room you're in with them on.

As for a microphone, I suggest you get that independent. Barring very high cost headsets, mics on headphones usually aren't that great. Personally I use a Modmic I found for a bit cheap and it serves very well.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

Woah, David are those Modmics decent? I'm looking for a new headset but would be happy to split the mic and headphones apart.

I'm using the Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum and I can't complain at all really... I've used the Logitech G430 before but I wasn't happy as it used to break down every three months etc. Some of my friends use the Razer Man O'War or the famous Kraken of course. They're all great headsets with each of them having a thing the other one doesn't have. Hope this helps you a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Woah, David are those Modmics decent? I'm looking for a new headset but would be happy to split the mic and headphones apart.
    It's way more than enough for gaming and video-making, for sure. I couldn't tell you anything exact as, well, I am horrible when it comes to telling sound quality, but I would highly recommend based on my personal experiences.

Nice construction, too.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Captain

Kingston HyperX II is regarded as one of the best gaming headsets.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...rd_i=340401031

think I have the model down from these, sound quality is v Good for the price, and they're wireless!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I use the wireless Corsair VOID headphones.