Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing you would like to add

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    No, a 1:1 recreation of the entire Eastern Seaboard. Forces spawn in their state capitals.

This would encourage players to play conservatively, and treat each life as their only one. It would also encourage dedicated logistics players, who would have the option to command a team of mules, be the engineer on a locomotive, or run blockades from England.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see the game uninstall itself after each death, and you have to pay full price for it again to play again.

Best,
    Dman979
    Easy! We just need another few hundred level designers, an army of programmers and a game engine yet to be developed (or at least publically available) being able to support that scale and we'll be golden! :P

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    Well, there's a simpler way to address playing as a Marine. Since they're already working on Harper's Ferry, just ask politely that they add a time machine to warp you back to 1859 Harper's Ferry, and perhaps you could be part of Lt. Colonel Robert E. Lee's U.S. Marine's that neutralized John Browns assault on the U.S. Arsenal. I think that would also be really neat, though it was 3 years prior to the Maryland Campaign.
    Haha, a time machine? Well, I'll just ask for 1st Manassas (aka 1st Bull Run). A battalion of U.S. Marines from the Washington Navy Yard were present and accounted for. No time machines required. And, theoretically, since two battles were fought at Bull Run (July '61, Aug. '62), you'd get two for the price of one....
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

CSA Major

Come to think of it, I'd like to see the game uninstall itself after each death, and you have to pay full price for it again to play again.

Best,
    Dman979
    Ummm...no. I'm all for supporting the development of this game, and possibly purchasing additional maps and what not. But re-purchasing the entire game after player death? Absolutely not....lol
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Stuart View Post
    FORT ASSAULTS/DEFENSE

Come on lads, ya know you'd love to see a Fort Fisher or Fort Pillow in the mix.
    Yes...yes I would.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

USA Lieutenant Colonel

No, a 1:1 recreation of the entire Eastern Seaboard. Forces spawn in their state capitals.

This would encourage players to play conservatively, and treat each life as their only one. It would also encourage dedicated logistics players, who would have the option to command a team of mules, be the engineer on a locomotive, or run blockades from England.

Best,
    Dman979
    Closest I could see them doing to this would be either

A.) RO2 like Campaign with joined/linked Maps and Campaigns

B.) Some kind of project reality/Squad esque Gamemode where the objective is dynamic (like one team hunting down a command post/cache(s) and the other defending it.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LJPII View Post
    Yes...yes I would.
    Me and you think a lot alike then hopefully the Devs do something along these lines I'd love to see a Battle of Mobile Bay.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Easy! We just need another few hundred level designers, an army of programmers and a game engine yet to be developed (or at least publically available) being able to support that scale and we'll be golden! :P

- Trusty
    And I want it done by Friday.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Lieutenant Colonel

hahaha,

USA Major

I would love destructable terrain and pioneer units.

Also I would love a detailed canon loading system like rebeldestroyer suggested a few pages back:
    Quote Originally Posted by rebeldestroyer View Post
    A "crazy" thing I would like is very detailed artillery gameplay where every aspect of firing and maintaining a cannon is modeled and has to be done individually. also, I would want things like ramming or cleaning the barrel will be able to be done at different speeds depending on how hard you mash the spacebar making it feel exhausting just like in real life. Or, if that's not something the devs want to do maybe 3 different "speed options" for the process of loading a cannon that all drain a differenet amount of stamina, Also, making a mistake should warrant a swift explosion of the breech and the killing of some crew members
    which I btw don't think is crazy.
    Last edited by VOLCUSGAMING; 09-06-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by R21 View Post
    Closest I could see them doing to this would be either

A.) RO2 like Campaign with joined/linked Maps and Campaigns

B.) Some kind of project reality/Squad esque Gamemode where the objective is dynamic (like one team hunting down a command post/cache(s) and the other defending it.
    Speaking of dynamic objectives or team matches, how about after they implement cavalry, they make a mode where you play as John S. Mosby and his Rangers?
    Civil War Ancestors: