Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnside Bridge

USA Captain

Burnside Bridge

I have decided to raise a suggesiton for the burnside bridge map, as it currently stands the map is usually 40 minutes of Union and Confederate troops shooting back and forth with a few random charges (If your lucky)

Therefore i would like to suggest perhaps changing the capture point to possibly the center of the bridge, As i have voiced on the skirmish server and a few others have also it is quite boring, I understand that the current capture point is not bad, It's simply that the Union soldiers can sit behind their stone fence and do not really see the need to charge unless someone can convince them to.

I appreciate any constructive feed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Woods View Post
    I have decided to raise a suggesiton for the burnside bridge map, as it currently stands the map is usually 40 minutes of Union and Confederate troops shooting back and forth with a few random charges (If your lucky)

Therefore i would like to suggest perhaps changing the capture point to possibly the center of the bridge, As i have voiced on the skirmish server and a few others have also it is quite boring, I understand that the current capture point is not bad, It's simply that the Union soldiers can sit behind their stone fence and do not really see the need to charge unless someone can convince them to.

If the union won't charge simply pull back a bit when playing as a Confederate. They'll lose on time then.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Woods View Post

The focal point of the Burnside brigade map is the heights commanding the brigde, hopefully soon there will be a point where the Federals could ford the creek. Union players need to learn to use their advantages like numerical advantage to get a foothold on the other side.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    The focal point of the Burnside brigade map is the heights commanding the brigde, hopefully soon there will be a point where the Federals could ford the creek. Union players need to learn to use their advantages like numerical advantage to get a foothold on the other side.
    They don't have a numerical advantage though. In a full server, the teams are even at 32 v 32.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    They don't have a numerical advantage though. In a full server, the teams are even at 32 v 32.
    Numerical advantage in tickets
    Texas Poppin B

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    I actually made a suggestion a while back, for this map to potentially test a scenario where the Union spawns with a 36 vs. 28 (or some other variance) advantage, rather than 32 vs. 32. It was around the time when the map boundaries ("you're about to desert" zone's, etc) were being discussed. You know, back when the C.S.A. could gather on the Union side of the bridge. I think that besides the ticket advantage, this would give the Union an advantage of creating a 3 wave attack of 12 men each or a single 36 vs. 28 attack, which would clearly leave at least 8 men alive after a single charge. Requiring the Confederate to hunt them down before the next wave of Union respawns and charges again.

I'm not saying this is a great idea or that it would even be a good idea or fun. I'm just suggesting a different test scenario for the server to try. Not sure if the programming involved to limit the spawns per side would even be worth it. That's for the dev's to chime in on.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by dmurray6; 09-09-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    While I understand the need for balanced sides in a game. Actual history, as we all know, was far more brutal.

As an example of trying to emulate history, open the slots to first come first side, that way if 48 or 50 players login as Union the the balance of the available slots could go to Confederate, or vice-versa.

But to be historically accurate the Union should always have more available slots.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    While I understand the need for balanced sides in a game. Actual history, as we all know, was far more brutal.

As an example of trying to emulate history, open the slots to first come first side, that way if 48 or 50 players login as Union the the balance of the available slots could go to Confederate, or vice-versa.

But to be historically accurate the Union should always have more available slots.
    it seems that is what the tickets are for... more men.. seems right to me, perhaps give em even more tickets? will that make them charge more? maybe,,, but I have found no problem with the Yankees charging at the bridge, they always do in our skirmishes, and the bridge is one of the favorites on both sides, and yes those of us in Ewells brigade has to play yankee as well on certain nights,... against 1st texas we swap out, and those boys charge too.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dether View Post
    it seems that is what the tickets are for... more men.. seems right to me, perhaps give em even more tickets? will that make them charge more? maybe,,, but I have found no problem with the Yankees charging at the bridge, they always do in our skirmishes, and the bridge is one of the favorites on both sides, and yes those of us in Ewells brigade has to play yankee as well on certain nights,... against 1st texas we swap out, and those boys charge too.
    This is how you take the bridge

Texas Poppin B

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    This is how you take the bridge

glad you shared that Saris, that is what I was talking about, and loads of FUN,,, and this is early alpha! heck we are really just testing things and having a ball..(most of the time)
    Last edited by Dether; 09-08-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.