Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gettysburg Ghosts?

CSA Lieutenant General

Gettysburg Ghosts?

Here are three youtube video's of Gettysburg Ghosts. Is the battle still being fought or is this proof of the afterlife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRGkdHyw7TM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2StlW9XuA2g

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G39FMA26NK8

Enjoy
    Last edited by John Bell Hood; 09-09-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: added video

USA General of the Army

Fake!!!

When we were in Gettysburg last year, we recorded a ghost in herbst woods!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Aw Man!

You guys are SssOoooo awesome!

Do you have any idea how many times I've gone in the dead of night to see if I could see any unexplainable phenomena ... and look how lucky you guys were! In broad daylight no less!

I'm just sooooo jealous.

---

On the other hand, having lived in areas where battles were fought during the civil war, there have been extraordinary events that are completely unexplainable that I have witnessed myself. But this was before the advent of the cell phone and digital cameras that everyone carried 24/7.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by hinkel View Post
    when we were in gettysburg last year, we recorded a ghost in herbst woods!

im so jealous hinkel ive spent many hours at gburg looking for such paranormal things to happen and for you to catch something on camera such as this is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    When we were in Gettysburg last year, we recorded a ghost in herbst woods!

10/10

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by John Bell Hood View Post
    Here are three youtube video's of Gettysburg Ghosts. Is the battle still being fought or is this proof of the afterlife?
    No, it's not videos of ghosts.
    And the only place the battle is being fought is in the history books.

Best,
    Dman979

I don't believe in ghosts. However, having been to Gettysburg many times I will tell you it can be creepy, on the cusp of where you may be prone to start believing. Part of it may just be the fact that the battlefield has no streetlights so even driving down the Emitsburg road is creepy at night with even minimal understanding of the enormous emotional center of Civil War history.

A good book about the supposedly haunted Devil's Den Area by Gary Adelman and Tim Smith explain the history of the area. It all but dismisses any ghost theories and doesn't go much into them. The ghost stories are a relatively new phenomena. The theories behind ghosts are interesting. At what point does a ghost suddenly activate? Because there was no talk of it for over a century. The Devil's Den area in particular was highly disrespected and desecrated for a long time. There was literally a Little Round Top theme park. A guy put a trolley through Devil's Den blasting boulders. The trolley bed is still there. The rocks were caked with carvings. Couples made out in the rocks all the time. Lots of littering. All in the late 1800s before the War Department basically started seizing the property of the private enterprises.

The "Gettysburg Ghost" tours are mainly a crock of shit. In fact they can't even get their facts straight. They aren't called out on it because it's mostly just casuals who take the tours. The guy I had said Sickle's Corps took 90% casualties. I guess 50% isn't as impressive. If you're there... and have the time and money to blow, go for it. I did learn an interesting fact.... the fence to the cemetery was procured by Dan Sickles' political ties. It was the fence across the street from the White House at the time, the fence against which he shot his wife's boyfriend. I wouldn't have known that otherwise.

I was there in the offseason a few times and talked to a lot of locals on their opinion... all of them said they believed in ghosts and detailed experiences they felt were paranormal. I still don't believe.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major

I can't speak to Gettysburg, never having had the privilege of visiting the US battlefields but I have been to the battlefields of France and Belgium for both WW1 and WW2, as well as the site of the Belsen concentration camp and personally, I have never been spooked at any of them, and certainly never in the way it can be creepy walking along a country lane or field in the dark.

I have, however, heard a number of accounts of people having 'experiences' in these places, Mametz Wood on the Somme battlefield is relatively well known for it and when I was based in Germany with the British army (generally former Wehrmacht barracks) there were plenty of stories of ghostly Russian POWs - a former boss of mine, and not ever someone I would have classed as a fantasist, claimed to have seen one in her kitchen, so I don't dismiss them entirely.

My own theory is that these places are often visited by people who know one or two things (or lots) about the battles and events that took place there and that in all likelihood, people take their own ghosts in with them.

10/10 for the video though.

CSA Lieutenant General

Ha, Ha Hinkel I loved the video. Well maybe if you don't agree the videos I posted might be real. Check out this ghost adventure video where they trigger the Gettysburg Ghosts if you have a chance...Interesting at least.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hdl2q