Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gettysburg Ghosts?

I wouldn't call commercial TV a good source of credible information.

Also, the videos in the OP are suspiciously low quality. Not to mention the first one could literally be 15 seconds of film stretched to a few minutes worth, perfect for adding CGI.

My theory for "Gettysburg Ghosts" is someone saw a Reenactor going out to piss on a tree, and thought it was the "real thing."
    Last edited by David Dire; 09-12-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

that scared me

CSA Captain

I dont want to comment the videos of the OP, but i had the chance to visit some battlefields and one cant deny this specific feeling you have in such areas....not necessarily in pitch black darkness, personally i have never encountered such "ghosts" but if i would, i would never react that cool
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

CSA Colonel

I, along with my family, saw this exact same phenomenon in 2005 when I visited Gettysburg. Looked like a column of plastic bags floating by at the foot of Little Round Top. Still can't explain it and it's the only "paranormal" experience I've had.

Last edited by LTC Philip A. Work; 09-17-2017 at 03:33 AM.

Texans Always Move Them

USA Captain

I have a few interesting "ghost" pictures from Gettysburg. I'll have to post them when I get home from work.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    I have a few interesting "ghost" pictures from Gettysburg. I'll have to post them when I get home from work.
    Capture Wheatfield.JPG

This was taken at the Wheatfield from the road. It's about 500 yards from the road to the tree line. If you look at the original picture you wouldn't even notice but blown up it gets interesting. People say they see different things. I see a man. My kid sees a horse too, others see a woman. What do you all think? Is it just matrixing? Or It's just the pixels?

R

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Believe me, it's not just Gettysburg. Almost every battlefield has some ghost stories associated with it.

USA Major

On the evening of the 155th Anniversary of Antietam I walked up and down Bloody Lane using a candle to guide my way. I didn't see anything other than the candle flicker playing tricks on my eyes but I did get a very "heavy" feeling to the point where I felt I should leave. I went to start my Jeep and the battery seemed drained and only after a few tries did I get it started. I had my wife sage me when I got home as I felt something attached itself to me. That may sound crazy but it was my experience and I know what I felt.

I've also taken some photos there with orb-like features that don't make sense according to where the rising sun was. I've had people look at it and shake their heads. I'll see if I can find them.

On another note my friend Tyler had a quite remarkable experience on the Gettysburg battlefield at the point where the famous Confederate sharpshooter photo was taken. He was a bright-eyed 13 year-old and he was laying down in that exact position where the sharpshooter was positioned as his mom was taking his photo. He claims he felt a hand grab his ankle and said he felt a rush of every emotion that soldier had felt when he died - fear, anger, etc. - rush through his body and he said it changed his life. His mom has told me the story too and she could instantly see that something traumatic had happened to him. He's 20 now and a Marine and at the 155th Gettysburg reenactment we stayed up late and talked about it for about an hour. He's as honest as they come and no doubt he experienced something.

Tyler's coming to visit me in late-August and we'll walk Antietam and Harpers Ferry as well. Man I'm blessed to live close to many of these battlefields and have good friends who want to visit and have those experiences with me. If I know Tyler he'll want to walk it at night with me so let's see what happens.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 08-03-2018 at 03:03 PM.

USA Captain

When my daughter was much younger she was an Orb magnet. Almost every photo I took in Gettysburg on a battlefield there were Orbs following or around her. As she got older there were less and less of them. I'm a sensitive, so is she but she turns it off because it spooks her. One thing I always try to teach my kid while on battlefields is to have respect for the men who fought, no matter what side.

USA Captain

Isnt it funny ... Allmost everybody have a phones with cam's and gopro cams and, never has there been so many posibilities to record stuff. And yet to this date no one has come up with, some valid good recordings of spooky stuff ..

99% of all spooky recordings are fake its CGI Work ... That leaves us with about 1 % who most likely is just errors in the recordings.

I worked some years as a journalist/reporter on a radio station. In that time i produced a broadcast about ghost's. I was allowed to stay over nighte in one of the most hunted Places here in Denmark "Borreby Manor".
    I was equppied at the time with one of the first night vision cams, as i had to go around the big manor in complete Black out after midnighte. I spend all nighte there until daylight broke ... I did not hear or see anything, at all.

The only thing i ever recorded as filmmaker/Producer (Thats what i do now for a living) is an UFO, but i have never shown the recording in puplic ... Because you will never be able to tell if its simply the cam doing odd stuff, or its mirror reflections in the lens, it might even be a fatamorgana ... To my best knowledge ... There are no ghost's nor is there a life after death. Death is the ultimate end, nothing just a Black universe of nothing, like before you where born.
    The human allways seek Things that can provide evidense of such Things, to carm Down thier fear of thier own death. Ohh yes there are a life after death ...

Its like this you have one life, use it at it admost and do good Things, tell the people you love, that you do love them. Because when it goes Black ... Its over.
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 08-05-2018 at 11:59 AM.