Thread: Spawn changes

Spawn changes

So, we all know that there is one major issue that needs to be addressed at spawns, spawning then getting stuck inside of someone or multiple people. It happens at least 3 times every game and it's incredibly frustrating. So there are a few fixes as I see it that are relatively simple.

1) When someone spawns, make them not able to collide at all with other players for about 5 seconds. The disadvantage though is people usually immediately start reloading the second they spawn and that takes more than 5 seconds and oh my, they are stuck again. So....

2) Spread spawning out. This can be done really simply by having multiple dedicated points to spawn at when they hit, "Deploy", at the main area. Basically, the game can assign someone one of, let's say ten points, in that main spawn area to spawn at in a rising order i.e, one person goes to point one, another to point 2, another to 3 etc etc. Or, if you want an even simpler version of this...

3) Different units spawn in different sections. Let's say you have 1st Texas and 6th Alabama, both the people in those units spawn in two different locations. This would really be a temporary fix though due to people usually always going one unit per map.

4) The game just randomly picks a place in the designated spawn area for you to be spawned at.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    So, we all know that there is one major issue that needs to be addressed at spawns, spawning then getting stuck inside of someone or multiple people. It happens at least 3 times every game and it's incredibly frustrating. So there are a few fixes as I see it that are relatively simple.

1) When someone spawns, make them not able to collide at all with other players for about 5 seconds. The disadvantage though is people usually immediately start reloading the second they spawn and that takes more than 5 seconds and oh my, they are stuck again. So....

2) Spread spawning out. This can be done really simply by having multiple dedicated points to spawn at when they hit, "Deploy", at the main area. Basically, the game can assign someone one of, let's say ten points, in that main spawn area to spawn at in a rising order i.e, one person goes to point one, another to point 2, another to 3 etc etc. Or, if you want an even simpler version of this...

3) Different units spawn in different sections. Let's say you have 1st Texas and 6th Alabama, both the people in those units spawn in two different locations. This would really be a temporary fix though due to people usually always going one unit per map.

4) The game just randomly picks a place in the designated spawn area for you to be spawned at.
    I think my initial preferred solution to this would be Option 3. Having each unit allowed to play, their own spawn zone. After all that would emulate real life as each unit came from a different direction by order of command. This would help eliminate minutes from the organization factor of units trying to pull themselves together and avoid the preponderance of non conforming player units to clutter their organization. But then to eliminate the player into player situation, Option 2 would then have to be employed within Option 3. Where a corresponding number of spawn points equal to the numbers of players per side, and then each position would carry a 1 minute pause between allowing the next player to spawn into that point. This of course would require spawn point tracking once a player is assigned a spawn point, that point should then be blocked from spawning another player for that 1 minute. But since there are concurrent spawn points equal to the number of players per side, I don't see anyone ever spawning into another player again.

I hope that made some sense.

I get what you mean, and I would say that would be an ideal way to do it and that's how I think it should be as a final product for spawning at the base (on the flag will be a different story). I presented this though in the simplest way though, because mixing those options can make it a little complex. Some dev feedback would be nice.

CSA Major

I really like option number three, so commanding officers can say "Everyone in first platoon spawn at point A".

Engine related bug. Our programmers are working on a solution.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Heroes and Generals has a good system for this, people spawn 'Ghosted' (like invisible to everyone) which prevents spawn killing and could potentially be a way round Players getting stuck inside eachother.

https://youtu.be/d5RRLcv_aj0?t=84
    Last edited by R21; 09-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Engine related bug. Our programmers are working on a solution.

- Trusty
    Alright, good to hear it's getting worked on.

That was I was trying to say with the option 1, R21