Thread: Bayonet disappearing when going melee mode.

CSA Major General

Question Bayonet disappearing when going melee mode.

When I spawn in I'd fix the bayonet (pressing B), I'm sure its on cause when I go melee mode (its clear in sight) ... checked it with shoulder arms.
    After I've fired my rifle or did other things and I go melee mode (pressing 'V'), it seems the bayonet is gone. (I hold the rifle differently ... like a baseball bat or sorts)
    However if I press 'B' again I get the animation to take the bayonet off.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    When I spawn in I'd fix the bayonet (pressing B), I'm sure its on cause when I go melee mode (its clear in sight) ... checked it with shoulder arms.
    After I've fired my rifle or did other things and I go melee mode (pressing 'V'), it seems the bayonet is gone. (I hold the rifle differently ... like a baseball bat or sorts)
    However if I press 'B' again I get the animation to take the bayonet off.
    Same here, sometimes if you dont load your gun at spawn and put your bayonet on, the game wouldn't register the bayonet on the gun.
    Last edited by Saris; 09-11-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Captain

Hi man,

I don't have that problem. I played today and also did a video which i made an hour ago.

Here it is (2:13 to 2.30 )

Greetings from Germany.
    Max Petersen

USA Lieutenant General

I have this problem ALL the time. When we need to rush the point immediately after spawning we fix bayonets and charge, and within a couple of seconds I suddenly switch from charging with my bayonet to holding my rifle over my shoulder in the "clubbing" position. And then when I push B again, I "remove" my bayonet, which is invisible up until it actually comes off, and then I have to put it back on. It only seems to happen shortly after spawning, however, and not after I've been alive for several minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Kaizer View Post
    I have this problem ALL the time. When we need to rush the point immediately after spawning we fix bayonets and charge, and within a couple of seconds I suddenly switch from charging with my bayonet to holding my rifle over my shoulder in the "clubbing" position. And then when I push B again, I "remove" my bayonet, which is invisible up until it actually comes off, and then I have to put it back on. It only seems to happen shortly after spawning, however, and not after I've been alive for several minutes.
    Thank you for the report.

There is currently a bug where your animation doesn't get stopped properly when you die (I'm sure you've noticed how players often enter melee mode the moment they spawn for instance). While you can't see yourself perform the animation of "your previous life" everyone else can.

I suspect this might have something to do in regards to messing up the attachment system at the very start of a new life.

- Trusty

USA Major

I've been observing this happen quite often in the last week. It occurs at any time within the scenario. I will fix bayonet and it will go through the animation but later when I switch to melee mode I will find I am using the gun as club. If I hit the "B" key again it will go through the unfix bayonet and it will show me removing it. I have repeated the procedure a number of times with the same result.

It looks like if it starts a respawn with the problem it stays with you until you respawn.

I haven't verify this but at least a few times it looked like if I aimed the gun after fixing the bayonet and I can "see" a bayonet on the gun then it has done the procedure correctly and melee will work.
    Lightfoot