Thread: Musket club less effective in melee since update?

CSA Major

Musket club less effective in melee since update?

Dear all,
    I'm aware that there have been stamina related changes for the melee system since the last patch but has clubbing with a musket butt been made less effective? Only asking as last night I thumped a Union soldier twice with my musket, each time producing blood splats, only to have him kill me with the bayonet. I think this happened to at least one other player also. Can anyone confirm this as if so I will stick to the bayonet.
    Thanks
    John Jones

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
    Dear all,
    I'm aware that there have been stamina related changes for the melee system since the last patch but has clubbing with a musket butt been made less effective? Only asking as last night I thumped a Union soldier twice with my musket, each time producing blood splats, only to have him kill me with the bayonet. I think this happened to at least one other player also. Can anyone confirm this as if so I will stick to the bayonet.
    Thanks
    John Jones
    Clubbing is weaker than stabbing no matter what. I actually killed somebody with a club because they were stuck in the reload animation.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Clubbing is weaker than stabbing no matter what.
    I really don't know why that is. If you've ever hefted a period rifle musket, with that solid walnut stock and large steel butt plate, you know that a good butt-stroke to the head will split a melon wide open.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LJPII View Post
    I really don't know why that is. If you've ever hefted a period rifle musket, with that solid walnut stock and large steel butt plate, you know that a good butt-stroke to the head will split a melon wide open.
    Agreed, going "clubbing" should really knock some guys down. I hate having to run around a guy hitting him left and right until he dies or puts his bayonet on and stabs me.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot