Thread: "Unlock" officers?

USA Lieutenant General

"Unlock" officers?

Just an idea. Would it be possible to add a requirement that a certain number of enlisted men (would recommend at least 10) is required before an officer (or NCO with a revolver) for that regiment can be spawned? Right now it just causes issues with smaller skirmishes (5 v 5 for example) where one team could decide to all go officer/NCO while the other team has something like one officer and a group of riflemen. In larger games it's not an issue, just the small ones.

I would support this. What about 6 men for every officer/NCO?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Kaizer View Post
    Just an idea. Would it be possible to add a requirement that a certain number of enlisted men (would recommend at least 10) is required before an officer (or NCO with a revolver) for that regiment can be spawned? Right now it just causes issues with smaller skirmishes (5 v 5 for example) where one team could decide to all go officer/NCO while the other team has something like one officer and a group of riflemen. In larger games it's not an issue, just the small ones.
    This would be nice.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane Kaizer View Post
    I agree with this ... and I think I'd add that I'd start with NCO's being unlocked first then Lieutenants, then Captains. For now. And 10 is a good number as it corresponds with the number required to keep a company active in the company tool.

CSA Captain

ehhh i don't know this could conflict with future character customization.
    2Lt. Obadiah Peyton. 2nd Georgia Infantry Company G

Ancestors:
    Major Charles S Peyton - 19th Virginia Infantry
    John Daniel Belcher - 13th Georgia Infantry
    Elijah Clark Belcher - 47th Georgia Infantry
    William Hughes - 7th Wisconsin Infantry
    Cpt. Thomas J Peyton - Fry's Company, Virginia Light Artillery

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Splendid idea!