Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help. Content File Locked???

USA Captain

Need Help. Content File Locked???

I tried to redownload the game but it says content file locked

Hi there!

Your error message is due to your anti virus software having blocked or deleted certain game files from running.

Please add an exception to War of Rights in your anti virus application settings, verify your game files via Steam and you should be good to launch it.

- Trusty

USA Captain

I don't know how to do that

I'm having the same issue. I also don't know how to create an exception for the whole game. I've seen several questions about this. Always the same advice but never how to do it. Two things would be VERY helpful for this problem (I mean, other than FIXING it)... 1) Tell us the default location of the files for the game at least (I already know this info but some may have a hard time with it), 2) Once we know where the game files are (Again, I already know this), which files or folders should get the anti-virus exception? One file in particular? A set of files? The whole game folder and all files underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorthrax View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I also don't know how to create an exception for the whole game. I've seen several questions about this. Always the same advice but never how to do it. Two things would be VERY helpful for this problem (I mean, other than FIXING it)... 1) Tell us the default location of the files for the game at least (I already know this info but some may have a hard time with it), 2) Once we know where the game files are (Again, I already know this), which files or folders should get the anti-virus exception? One file in particular? A set of files? The whole game folder and all files underneath?
    It's incredibly hard for us to say exactly what file should get the exception as each overly sensitive anti virus software may block different files. You can easily pick the enitire WoR folder though as we don't ship anything bad (although your protection software might claim otherwise).

- Trusty

I totally understand. So, here's what I've done... I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Same problem. THEN, I made an exception for the whole WoR folder in AVG (my anti-virus). Same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled again. Same problem. That's where I'm at now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorthrax View Post
    I totally understand. So, here's what I've done... I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Same problem. THEN, I made an exception for the whole WoR folder in AVG (my anti-virus). Same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled again. Same problem. That's where I'm at now.
    I've had serious issues with AVG in the past (not related to WoR) where it would refuse to do anything even with an exception added. It often resulted in me uninstalling the anti virus software alltogether.

- Trusty

I'll try that. No big deal. I can always reinstall it later.

UPDATE: Uninstalling AVG worked. Creating an exception for the WoR game folder did not. This should not be a problem and is one I have not, personally, encountered in any other PC game. I respectfully recommend making this a high priority fix.

I am going to reinstall AVG. I want to see if this is only a problem with downloading game files or if it's a problem with running the game at all. I will update with the results.

UPDATE: A bit of a breakthrough. In addition to standard "Exceptions" found under the Settings > General section of AVG, there are also Exceptions options under Settings > Components. In the Components section, using "Customize," I created an exception for the entire WoR folder for "File Shield" and set the "Behavior Shield", using Customize again, to "Always Ask."

These steps allowed the game to launch. I did not actually play and closed the game down to report. Interestingly, the game crashed and froze my computer after clicking "Exit." I had to launch Task Manager to close the program.

I plan to continue testing and will report back what I find. I hope this helps the developers and others.