Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Priorities

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You need to mind your manners.

Yes, I'm glad unhappy people have found a replacement in another product.

And no, I'm not here to make everyone happy, that is an impossibility. I'm here to do my utmost at making the vision people backed become a reality. If that means lose some on the way, for a while or for good, so be it. We've had a clear end goal from the very start - to achieve as high a degree of authenticity and historical accuracy as possible. That will never be changed no matter how improper some individuals of the community behave and demand changes. It's our DNA.

- Trusty
    Keep at it buddy, appreciate yours and the teams efforts! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    David Dire isn't part of the development team

Damn, I forgot.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Damn, I forgot.
    You also forgot to clean my shoes!!

Can we stop complaining about that a other product developt by an different team with a different engine with a different focus a different time era a different gameplay and a different opinion about historical correctness and a different point about realism.

Maybe you noticed that I wrote just one or two times the word different? I am not sure why I used it.

Hmm maybe because War of rights and holdfast are......... DIFFERENT!!

I am not a big fan of holdfast and I want that CFG create War of rights and not a holdfast 2.0.

CFG will create a great game in their speed with their development roadmap.

You say that the holdfast devs are open to community suggestions. That's nice but you say it like CFG isn't.

CFG has also suggestion threads with a lot answers from the devs that they are open for it but most of these suggestion fits in the actual development level.

As a part of both communities I can say that are miles between both games because they are different and comparable.

Like Trusty said: nice if somebody find a game which fits better to him and leave here. That's ok that's the free market but please stop complaining about the difference if you like the other product more than this one.

I say it without hate and anger.

Stop complaining and play holdfast. Let CFG work on War of rights and let their community hype it because their community want War of Rights and not holdfast (2.0).

Thanks for reading. If you read here some hate or anger I am sorry that's the fault of my English.

Have a nice weekend.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Maybe the devs can make the roadmap public so people know what is up next.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    bye bye glad you are happy there
    lol who are you??? anyways.

You need to mind your manners.

Yes, I'm glad unhappy people have found a replacement in another product.

And no, I'm not here to make everyone happy, that is an impossibility. I'm here to do my utmost at making the vision people backed become a reality. If that means lose some on the way, for a while or for good, so be it. We've had a clear end goal from the very start - to achieve as high a degree of authenticity and historical accuracy as possible. That will never be changed no matter how improper some individuals of the community behave and demand changes. It's our DNA.

- Trusty
    The problem with this is that in some people's views, you have crippled companies from being able to function independently by removing the multiple companies and officer positions. If you were to add this feature again, i could almost guarantee you that your numbers would increase again, and I would do my best to help in that endeavor. You are correct that people will be lost along the way but if you go on Steam you will see where consumer reviews do carry weight...especially from respectable gamers.

It is not a lot to ask for...and it most certainly is not anything that will completely change the accuracy of the game. Unless you think that Confederates winning in Antietam is historically accurate...
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 10-06-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    lol who are you??? anyways.

The problem with this is that in some people's views, you have crippled companies from being able to function independently by removing the multiple companies and officer positions. If you were to add this feature again, i could almost guarantee you that your numbers would increase again, and I would do my best to help in that endeavor. You are correct that people will be lost along the way but if you go on Steam you will see where consumer reviews do carry weight...especially from respectable gamers.

It is not a lot to ask for...and it most certainly is not anything that will completely change the accuracy of the game. Unless you think that Confederates winning in Antietam is historically accurate...
    A team with about as many officers as privates is, however, not anywhere near historically accurate.

This was a common issue before the introduction of limited regiments & their classes.

The numbers might get tweaked but the idea of class limitations is here to stay.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

A team with about as many officers as privates is, however, not anywhere near historically accurate.

This was a common issue before the introduction of limited regiments & their classes.

The numbers might get tweaked but the idea of class limitations is here to stay.

- Trusty
    Oh my god, thanks!!!

It was so pretty annoying to fight against 10 officers.

Maybe set it relative to Server population.

@Vill

I think limited officer slot is not a reason to leave that here
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Oh my god, thanks!!!

It was so pretty annoying to fight against 10 officers.

Maybe set it relative to Server population.

@Vill

I think limited officer slot is not a reason to leave that here
    The numbers are currently set at what we think reasonable for a full server. Us setting it relative to server population will mean less officer slots overall, not more.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

The numbers are currently set at what we think reasonable for a full server. Us setting it relative to server population will mean less officer slots overall, not more.

- Trusty
    really? I thought its just one per regiment, never seen more.

relative to server population in my mind means one officer for 10-12 privates per side.

But in the end i am fine with it and it's not the core of this discussion

CSA Captain

Wow, so much hate born from ignorance in this thread. I'm afraid I know it all too well though having been on the receiving end of it. People don't understand what game development actually means and how slow it goes. Gamers only see the end product and have no idea what it takes to put it there or the many multi-disciplinary processes which go into it. In fact usually game developers are not gamers at all, they're two worlds apart which somehow need to meet in the end product. (Did you know most game developers do not consider their games complete? They call it "released" not complete).

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of gamers don't even know what a game development document is, or how it looks like. Or a game technical document and what goes in it. It's their ignorance of the processes contained within which make them feel the process is going too slow, or that the priorities are wrong. At the same time gamers are the customers so scolding them and belittling them is usually something game devs do not do. And explaining them the processes to make them understand takes too long.

I'll be short, in the technical alpha phase the priorities are:

1) core mechanics of what makes the game the game (FPS, getting weapons to shoot, players to take damage, physics)
    2) getting the game to a playable state (though that's only necessary towards the end of the technical alpha)
    3) creating a playable 'match', e.g. the level scene where the player can move around. Though in technical alpha this could just mean a flat white plain for testing movement.

So NOT included are more weapons, more uniforms, cosmetics, music, play modes!

From a game developer point of view, for a technical alpha WoR is very advanced and we have nothing to complain about!