Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Priorities

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Being a co-founder of Campfire games will get you about as much a month as if you were without a job in this country.

- Trusty
    Go full Payday 2 to fund the game?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Private

Being a co-founder of Campfire games will get you about as much a month as if you were without a job in this country.

- Trusty
    All you Danish people are rich anyway.

Right. You’ve already gotten more attention than you deserve. Talk to you in six months when you complain again.

- Trusty

CSA Private

Right. You’ve already gotten more attention than you deserve. Talk to you in six months when you complain again.

- Trusty
    Come on now, there is no need to be mean, I know criticism hurts but that's just life, not everyone will love what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    Come on now, there is no need to be mean, I know criticism hurts but that's just life, not everyone will love what you do.
    No one loves you either. Fitting.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    No one loves you either. Fitting.
    Oh no, nobody loves me on a game forum, give me a minute to cope with that... there, I did it.
    Nobody loves the people that aren't blindly taking all the shit given to them, so far I don't think anyone has proven to me why the wait for this game is worth it.

Oh no, nobody loves me on a game forum, give me a minute to cope with that... there, I did it.
    Nobody loves the people that aren't blindly taking all the shit given to them, so far I don't think anyone has proven to me why the wait for this game is worth it.
    Nobody can. A game being "worth it" is purely up to you.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Is it now?

Btw whoever said that I should donate more than $1 to have the right to bitch about the game, it's actually $15 thanks.
    $15.oo?!
    Seriously?
    There are some here that have paid much, much more than that and you don't hear them bitching. When you bump the donation to $70.oo bucks maybe, it'll matter.

I hope I can get that hefty 200,000k salary as President and chief of CFG.
    Right and nothing shoots a $500,000 budget in the ass faster. So much for speedy development.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    $15.oo?!
    Seriously?
    There are some here that have paid much, much more than that and you don't hear them bitching. When you bump the donation to $70.oo bucks maybe, it'll matter.

Right and nothing shoots a $500,000 budget in the ass faster. So much for speedy development.
    I have better ways of spending my money, and I didn't know I need to donate 70 bucks to have a say, that's pretty funny actually, for the 15 dollars I'll get the game when it's fully released but that just won't happen, I could have gotten a good game for that, damn...

We will want to avoid ad hominem attacks gents. Especially obliquely, it does nothing to add to the conversation. Now in regards to Diversey, even having donated at a lower rank, he has every right to ask after the effect of his cash, and I do take it for granted that he did not mean anything personally to us.
    So instead, let me assure you Diversey, and others that might have similar questions, that we are doing our utmost to make a game that everyone who donated their time and money will be proud of.
    In that pursuit, consider the development of the game like the building of a house. In total the community have so far invested 500,000 in getting a total house built, and preferably built to last. To that effect, is it a good idea to slap together a set of walls and a roof on top of some shabby foundations and call it an end product? Of course not. So while it might seem tedious, before we add even more it makes sense to provide a stable foundation to build additionally upon. Even the smallest stone out of place can leave a gaping hole in time. We are additionally hampered not only in how much uncharted waters we are wading through, but by the fact that we cannot hire very many as full time, and instead must be rather miserly even with the amazing support we have received. This is to be sure we can continue to work for as long as is needed rather than having to worry about coming up short, and having to work by hard deadlines. The pace might seem slow, and it could be, but gosh darn it if we aren't going to provide a good game.
    I hope that might help relieve any fears of mismanagement, but if you do have any further questions, and as long as both sides continue a level of civility, we will be happy to answer them.
    Last edited by GeorgeCrecy; 10-01-2017 at 02:24 AM.