Quote Originally Posted by JohnDewitt View Post
Wow, so much hate born from ignorance in this thread. I'm afraid I know it all too well though having been on the receiving end of it. People don't understand what game development actually means and how slow it goes. Gamers only see the end product and have no idea what it takes to put it there or the many multi-disciplinary processes which go into it. In fact usually game developers are not gamers at all, they're two worlds apart which somehow need to meet in the end product. (Did you know most game developers do not consider their games complete? They call it "released" not complete).

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of gamers don't even know what a game development document is, or how it looks like. Or a game technical document and what goes in it. It's their ignorance of the processes contained within which make them feel the process is going too slow, or that the priorities are wrong. At the same time gamers are the customers so scolding them and belittling them is usually something game devs do not do. And explaining them the processes to make them understand takes too long.

I'll be short, in the technical alpha phase the priorities are:

1) core mechanics of what makes the game the game (FPS, getting weapons to shoot, players to take damage, physics)
2) getting the game to a playable state (though that's only necessary towards the end of the technical alpha)
3) creating a playable 'match', e.g. the level scene where the player can move around. Though in technical alpha this could just mean a flat white plain for testing movement.

So NOT included are more weapons, more uniforms, cosmetics, music, play modes!

From a game developer point of view, for a technical alpha WoR is very advanced and we have nothing to complain about!

Wise words my caravan loving neighbor, wise words <3