Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Priorities

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    $15.oo?!
    Seriously?
    There are some here that have paid much, much more than that and you don't hear them bitching. When you bump the donation to $70.oo bucks maybe, it'll matter.

Right and nothing shoots a $500,000 budget in the ass faster. So much for speedy development.
    Whoag AP never seen you like this dam
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

I think this whole thing come down to a misconception that you have to pull resources from one part of the development and neglected another. There's a perception that trivial things are focused on, but that's not the case with game development. Artist don't bug fixes and implement new system and programmers don't sit around building levels and art assets.

Bug fixing, problem solving, and creating different game modules and systems are the hard part and naturally take more time. So game programmers do focus on the essentials, but at the same time there are other aspects that has to get work on since each departments are not a bottleneck to one another. It's also true that since this is a small team, everyone do a wide variety of things in their area of expertise and not as specialized compare to a bigger development studio.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I think this whole thing come down to a misconception that you have to pull resources from one part of the development and neglected another. There's a perception that trivial things are focused on, but that's not the case with game development. Artist don't bug fixes and implement new system and programmers don't sit around building levels and art assets.

Bug fixing, problem solving, and creating different game modules and systems are the hard part and naturally take more time. So game programmers do focus on the essentials, but at the same time there are other aspects that has to get work on since each departments are not a bottleneck to one another. It's also true that since this is a small team, everyone do a wide variety of things in their area of expertise and not as specialized compare to a bigger development studio.
    you guys just keep doing what your doing... you have already stuck with it a long time and I am glad for it.. this is just growing pains. you will get through them, and in the end all of us will be damn proud we were here now and will appreciate all the more the end game.
    thanks, I like the updates and the repairs, it gets better every time and I have noticed if you make a mistake you are not afraid to change .. good job. again thanks.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post

This is exactly what I'm trying to get at, nowhere in here have I said that you guys don't work hard, I merely imply that your focus might not be set on bringing this game out in the next 5 years, hype builds and dies, I have multiple friends joking around that when this game finally comes out we'll enlist our grandchildren as NCO's, I know that games take time to develop but speed should be a priority too, there is no point in perfecting an alpha when the next month you add something new and then you have a whole another set of bugs building on top of each other, that slows down development, I think it would be better to just start adding content and then start fixing everything, make subtle changes and adjust grass and such. I think the reason for my frustration is clear here, I have more than enough money to pledge that 70 dollars and start playing around with the alpha, but I'm wise with my money and like to make sure whatever I'm spending it on is worth it, and at the moment I'm just annoyed with how slow this game is being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    This is exactly what I'm trying to get at, nowhere in here have I said that you guys don't work hard, I merely imply that your focus might not be set on bringing this game out in the next 5 years, hype builds and dies, I have multiple friends joking around that when this game finally comes out we'll enlist our grandchildren as NCO's, I know that games take time to develop but speed should be a priority too, there is no point in perfecting an alpha when the next month you add something new and then you have a whole another set of bugs building on top of each other, that slows down development, I think it would be better to just start adding content and then start fixing everything, make subtle changes and adjust grass and such. I think the reason for my frustration is clear here, I have more than enough money to pledge that 70 dollars and start playing around with the alpha, but I'm wise with my money and like to make sure whatever I'm spending it on is worth it, and at the moment I'm just annoyed with how slow this game is being developed.
    Have we told you what each dev works on? Short term and long term? I don’t seem to recall you’re a WoR team lead. I thank you for your feedback - but it is given based on an outsiders information.

We are not rushing anything to hype anyone, which, I guess, must be what you want us to do since you’re posting here.

My suggestion would be you and your friends forget about the game now and possibly take a look at it again when it is released.

I doubt we will live up to your expectations after release though.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    I stated in my post that I'm not saying that you guys aren't working hard, you just don't seem to be focusing your hard work on things that matter.
    I'm not sure what you mean by content that matters. I for one don't give a darn about artillery, cavalry, or any of that other hoopla that people imagine will be in the game (and hopefully won't).
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by content that matters. I for one don't give a darn about artillery, cavalry, or any of that other hoopla that people imagine will be in the game (and hopefully won't).

I hope you're joking?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

As I've said before, I'd be super impressed with a game that has linear infantry combat that works. Let's try that before even trying to imagine anything else. I don't buy into the delusion of 500 person servers. If you are, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. If they even double it from where it is, it'd be impressive. This is a game engine that may not (technically) have a player limit but you'll find 16-32 person servers for sale out there and that's it. We've gotten beyond that but I don't even see it getting beyond where it's at player-count wise. Hopefully it can. Do we need cavalry or artillery in a 64 person server? Helllll no.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

I completely agree that servers over 200 is never happening, or will take quite a few years. The dev's aversion to wanting any form of AI is concerning for this reason as they've said they're going to add artillery and add cav, though probably not for a long while for the latter. Gun crews should be 2 or 3 human men apiece and the amount of guns allowed base on how many people are on a team, so that you could maybe get 6 guns per team on a chock full server without making the infantry manpower ridiculously small.

But, yes, my only point against you is they are trying to add arty. Hell, personally I would be fine if each gun was commanded by a single person - the gunner.

Cav should honestly be left out all together except for horsed officers.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

Don't feed the troll boys. It only comes around looking for more food if you do.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira