Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Priorities

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    How about you don't double post? I've taken a game development course in my school for 2 years, I was involved in a mod called Westeros Multiplayer for MnB as a 3d artist and coder. I know exactly what goes into game development and how long it takes, some people here just don't get the point of this thread and just revert to the good old "development takes a long time!" first read what I said in my posts then post about how I'm wrong.
    Modding Warband and running Wings 3D does not even come close to the work involved in building a new video game. I am one of the original developers for Víkingr and wouldn't ever dare say that I knew much about true development of a piece of software. I think this thread has run a good course now and will be locked shortly.

CSA Captain

Lol why do you assume I don't know what goes into game development?? I can tell you that I know what goes into making games.
    First off you suggesting that the number of officers being a priority during alpha. In other words, what you're saying about the game and your statement that you know what goes into game development contradict each other. So no, not "lol". Leifr is right, this thread has ran its course and doesn't seem effective at teaching people anyway. Especially not since it can't even enlighten a supposedly developer.

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Modding Warband and running Wings 3D does not even come close to the work involved in building a new video game. I am one of the original developers for Víkingr and wouldn't ever dare say that I knew much about true development of a piece of software. I think this thread has run a good course now and will be locked shortly.
    I don't see the point of flexing at this point, someone asked me if I knew anything about development I said yes and that I knew how game development works but of course there is that one guy that says it's not enough lol, please go away.

CSA Major

I don't see the point of flexing at this point, someone asked me if I knew anything about development I said yes and that I knew how game development works but of course there is that one guy that says it's not enough lol, please go away.
    It's not flexing, it's a demonstration. Knowing how to mod Warband with an extensive and relatively flexible module documentation does not equate to understanding how games are made from scratch. Nice try though mate, I envy your aspirations.

We'll leave it here. Perhaps CFG will offer you a job shortly, I am sure we'll see a hasty improvement to the overall experience in good time.