Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Priorities

USA Captain

Hold Fast has 128 players servers . . . Ill just mention it. 200 players servers are just around the cornor, and it will only go up . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Hold Fast has 128 players servers . . . Ill just mention it. 200 players servers are just around the cornor, and it will only go up . . .
    I fail to see the relevance?

They also have a very limited animation set meaning smaller server loads, more inaccurate guns meaning an easier time to "hide" slow server update ticks and more forgiving interpolation settings, etc.

As I've stated in a few other threads now, a higher player count is a priority for us - but not at any cost. We'll go more into details regarding our long terms plans in the not too distant future.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I fail to see the relevance? - Trusty
    Thats your problem . . . I was reffering to the comments about numbers of players. And its 126 players to be corrrect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Thats your problem . . . I was reffering to the comments about numbers of players. And its 126 players to be corrrect.
    Surely its yours as well if you try to point something out?

If you don't think so, why post in the first place?

EDIT: I get you now. I mistook your post as a direct comparrison and not as an answer to previous posts - sorry about that.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

very sorry .. but I have played both games and I hope I am not interposing... but WOR is, well it has spoiled me,,,, I expect more from a historical combat game which I did not do before. Holdfast is a cute game now, but before I played WOR I would have said it was a great game.. I AM SPOILED.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

You can simulate more with less. It would be disappointing to stop at 64, players but it's not the end of the world. It's a helluva lot better than 32. I'm just trying to be realistic and I was alarmed to find many delusions afloat as far as the future of the game and players. Would love to see mountable horses (for some officers). You have AI to code then or you'll have a really awkward unmounted hourse. That's a whole 'nother thing unless there's some existing animal behavior AI in the engine. That and artillery is what I would consider a divergence from the monumental task of making Civil War Combat work.

People always cried on about how RnL needed medics and here a bunch of us just wanted to scientifically break the concept down of infantry combat into something that remotely resembled reality in a way it had never worked in other games.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major

I prefer WoR myself. Much more realistic and immersive than HF. That's not to say the HF isn't fun to play. It is. It's just no WoR.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

USA Captain

Naee its not WoR . . . . But Its kinda a hint to the dev's, that they dont forget the playability in WoR. The Priorities ... Right.

And Mr Trusty . . . I shut have quoted what i refered to.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    How do you know they aren't working on large additions?

Also, the game is a bit more than "shooting muskets at eachother,"
    sorry buddy but it is just that...

Holdfast is very dynamic...but has an arcade feel. Lot of players from this community have jumped ship over the development team at holdfast being very open to suggestions.
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 10-05-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    sorry buddy but it is just that...

Holdfast is very dynamic...but has an arcade feel. Lot of players from this community have jumped ship over the development team at holdfast being very open to suggestions.
    Each to their own.

I'm glad people unhappy with the vision or progress of this project have found another home that suits them better.

- Trusty