Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Priorities

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    sorry buddy but it is just that...

Holdfast is very dynamic...but has an arcade feel. Lot of players from this community have jumped ship over the development team at holdfast being very open to suggestions.
    And have they happily received and implemented all of your suggestions?
    Sounds like you've found an excellent home!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Each to their own.

I'm glad people unhappy with the vision or progress of this project have found another home that suits them better.

- Trusty
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Thank you.
    bye bye glad you are happy there

CSA Private

Each to their own.

I'm glad people unhappy with the vision or progress of this project have found another home that suits them better.

- Trusty
    Pathetic, instead of trying to professionally talk about criticism all you do is tell people to go away, you really are a pathetic and arrogant person. You are happy that people that are unhappy with the game just leave? That can't be a good sign, posture up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    Pathetic, instead of trying to professionally talk about criticism all you do is tell people to go away, you really are a pathetic and arrogant person. You are happy that people that are unhappy with the game just leave? That can't be a good sign, posture up.
    You need to mind your manners.

Yes, I'm glad unhappy people have found a replacement in another product.

And no, I'm not here to make everyone happy, that is an impossibility. I'm here to do my utmost at making the vision people backed become a reality. If that means lose some on the way, for a while or for good, so be it. We've had a clear end goal from the very start - to achieve as high a degree of authenticity and historical accuracy as possible. That will never be changed no matter how improper some individuals of the community behave and demand changes. It's our DNA.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Reading comprehension pal, reading comprehension. In no part of that response did Trusty tell anyone to 'go away'; he stated that, if folk are unhappy with a project (this one) then it is for the best if they find an alternative outlet for creative suggestion. Villarreal did not have an issue with the response, there's absolutely no need to take offence on his behalf.

CSA Private

You need to mind your manners.

Yes, I'm glad unhappy people have found a replacement in another product.

And no, I'm not here to make everyone happy, that is an impossibility. I'm here to do my utmost at making the vision people backed become a reality. If that means lose some on the way, for a while or for good, so be it. We've had a clear end goal from the very start - to achieve as high a degree of authenticity and historical accuracy as possible. That will never be changed no matter how improper some individuals of the community behave and demand changes. It's our DNA.

- Trusty
    Who are you to tell me to mind my manners? You are arrogant and if anyone challenges the way you go about on this forum you get all up in arms about it, go ahead and ban me if your superiority complex needs it but I want my money back if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Reading comprehension pal, reading comprehension. In no part of that response did Trusty tell anyone to 'go away'; he stated that, if folk are unhappy with a project (this one) then it is for the best if they find an alternative outlet for creative suggestion. Villarreal did not have an issue with the response, there's absolutely no need to take offence on his behalf.
    I took no offence from that, I personally got told to fuck off back when I made my first posts, this is clearly an ignorant way to tell someone that you won't take suggestions. Also; you don't need to take your stand on Trusty's behalf.

Who are you to tell me to mind my manners? You are arrogant and if anyone challenges the way you go about on this forum you get all up in arms about it, go ahead and ban me if your superiority complex needs it but I want my money back if you do.

I took no offence from that, I personally got told to fuck off back when I made my first posts, this is clearly an ignorant way to tell someone that you won't take suggestions. Also; you don't need to take your stand on Trusty's behalf.
    You're right. I've put a mod on it instead.

I do think name calling such as "you're pathetic" go against the forum rules - time will tell.

- Trusty

CSA Major

I fail to see how Trusty is acting in an arrogant manner, he has the prerogative to defend the vision and end-product of Campfire Games. We are not privy to the internal machinations as to how the eventual product will be delivered, nor are we aware of exactly what the final product will be beyond what is provided on the backers page.

With War of Rights, we are focusing on creating a group-based game with real Napoleonic-era tactics combined with the deadly accuracy of the "newer" weapons available in the period of the Civil War. Uniforms, equipment, artillery, houses, fields, and the locales are all portrayed as faithful as possible to the period we're showcasing in the game.
    There are a couple of members on this forum who feel it is necessary to repeatedly berate CFG (or Trusty, as he is the most visible). That CFG continue to work towards Early Access at their own pace, set and determined to their own internal goals, seems to stump those very same members. You have had repeated explanations of the development cycle and exacting words as to why certain assets (developers included) are moved ahead of others. There is literally nothing more to say to you on this matter, it cannot be written down any more than it has done. This is not a game as of this moment in time, it is a Technical Alpha and should really be considered more of a Proof of Concept.

CFG have taken on suggestions and continue to do so. They are not at liberty to implement each and every one, nor can they spend the time (or manpower) to even trial each suggestion. You must also consider their own insight on the development process, again I reiterate that we are not privy to this information and cannot anticipate what is planned further down the line.

I just wanted to ask why the devs aren't really adding any significant new content to the game?
    Trust me - it's coming but everything must be done with a deliberate intention and proper consideration. You have to put faith that CFG will deliver and work to schedule, the Kickstarter was a massive success for the small team and gave them the breathing space needed to work at their own pace, to their own goals, without having to open the floodgates on Steam. And without meaning to be snide mate, you've only chipped in $15 to CFG - if the project folds, you've lost the worth of two pints (well, maybe one if you're from Reading ), hardly breaking the bank.

As for refunds, they are not given at this stage of the developmental cycle. It was explicitly stated on the Kickstarter and on the current pledge page that refunds are not given. Your presence on the forum has no bearing or ability as to one's access to the digital content.

This is not a pre-order of items. You are pledging to support the development of a game and therefore acknowledge that you're not paying for items but donating for the development of a video game and getting digital and/or physical items as a thank you.

The funds recieved are immediately being spent on the development of the game. It is also not possible to revoke Steam keys. Therefore it will not be possible to offer refunds of any kind.
    I am not overtly keen on banning folk and I am not going to do so in this instance. You have almost certainly broken forum rules, chiefly that one must not insult or offer aggressive behaviour towards other users. I daresay that Trusty has raised his own choler in response and likely would have done better to not involve himself in this particular matter at this particular moment.
    I would however politely ask you to take a break from the forum and busy yourself with other endeavours for the time being as you clearly cannot find satisfaction here right now. Perhaps, in a month or three, there will be something in-game that you would consider of sufficient value to invest. I hope that this is the path you choose.

Warmest regards.

David Dire isn't part of the development team, but if you feel hostility coming from us, I'm sorry.

I'll reiterate:

We have two programmers full time, myself and fancy full time as well and the rest of the dev team is on a part time schedule.

I’d also like to point out that we have released a new skirmish area every second or third week since the release of the alpha (making our total number of accurate skirmish areas 9 compared to the 3 we launched skirmishes with).

Know that every single bit collected via the crowdfunding campaign goes towards making the game better in the form of giving us more time to work on it without having to risk pushing out an incomplete product to the masses on Steam in order to not go under due to lacking funds. In short, less funds gathered would have meant you’d gotten the game sooner. It would also mean an incomplete and lacking game with very bleak prospects in the future.

We appreciate the support we’ve gotten so much. Rushing towards a bad release in order to turn a quick profit would be the absolute worst use of the money of our backers.

- Trusty
    As I've stated before, development on "big" and "small" things do happen concurrently. There is no such thing as "adjusting brightness" that take away from important development time. Various people on the team has different duties with priorities being given to programmers.