Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth to check out: Hell Let Loose Kickstarter

CSA Major

Worth to check out: Hell Let Loose Kickstarter

Hell Let Loose
    Hell Let Loose is a platoon-based realistic multiplayer first-person shooting game for PC set during the Second World War.

USA Captain

I think this is going to apeal to a lot of us here on WOR. I just bought my seat, in the closed Alpha in march 18.
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 10-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.

USA Lieutenant General

Yep already backed this. Pretty excited about it.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it'll reach its Kickstarter goal, so I'm reluctant to back it. Does anyone know what happens if they don't reach their goal?

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it'll reach its Kickstarter goal, so I'm reluctant to back it. Does anyone know what happens if they don't reach their goal?

Best,
    Dman979
    I think it will reach the goal. It has just been placed on kickstarter and already it has 25% needed with 29 days to go.
    Well Kickstarter has a policy which says all or nothing.
    But these devs can decide to continue the production even if they do not reach the goal.

CSA Brigadier General

Seeing this makes me wish someone would make a video game adaptation of Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series (i.e. War of Rights with WW2 weaponry).

vote freedom.jpg
    Hit that Subscribe Button

https://www.youtube.com/user/360Nomad

CSA Captain

Join the community page if your interested: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hellletloosecommunity

CSA Captain

I am more curios about "Post Scriptum", though i think that hell let loose is worth to keep an eye on
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

I am sure they will reach the goal and unlock many stretch goals too!

Pledged a good amount for it as well

RhettVito
    This game is made off of realism better than ''Post Scriptum'' Here are a few key points that make this game more realistic.

DESTRUCTIBLE ELEMENTS ***Squad and Post Scriptum*** Don't have this

At present, bridges, walls and fences are at the top of the destruction priority list, as this will have significant effect on gameplay, strategy and tactics. Players will be able to shape the flow of traffic across the map by making areas very difficult for armor and vehicles to traverse safely.

GORE

Will have death animations with blood spray and dismemberment. Arma Squad and Post Scriptum Don't have this

HOW WILL WOUNDING WORK? this is a very realistic system yet again Squad and Post Scriptum Don't have this well they do sorta but not this real

The Medic role will play a vital part in dragging, carrying and reviving wounded comrades. We've built a three-tiered system of wounding that reflects the reality of the conflict without bogging the player down with tedious and often contrived mechanics.

If you take a shot to the extremities, you'll be able to deal with it yourself. Getting hit in a vital area will require some professional attention. Getting hit by a mortar round or throwing yourself onto a grenade will turn you into Humpty Dumpty

VEHICLES Arma with mods yea Squad and Post Scriptum Don't have this

Vehicles in the game will be equipped with historically accurate gunsights and levels of magnification. They will have finite ammunition and reflect the types of ammunition fitted during the period. Should a vehicle take damage or run out of ammunition, it can return to base to be repaired and rearmed. We also plan to introduce armoured recovery vehicles for in-field rearming and retrieval for other knocked out vehicles.

We are currently developing an armour rating system in order to realistically model the status quo of the battlefield at the time. A Tiger tank will be able to destroy a Sherman at 1km range, while the Shermans will have to coordinate and work together in order to close distance and hit a Tiger tank at close range from the flank or behind. To reflect the reality of the war, Shermans will be far more numerous and less costly to field. Additionally, a single Bazooka round will rarely outright destroy most vehicles. Players will have to be wise in how they use them in both positioning and proximity.

We plan to enable several different effects upon being hit by a round (all depending on the location of the strike, and the nature of the projectile)

- Crippled (half movement speed)
    - Immobilised (cannot move)
    - Firepower Kill (main gun destroyed)
    - Mission Kill (crew injured or killed by penetrating round but the vehicle survives)
    - Catastrophic Kill (ammunition explodes and entire crew immolated)

Armour will only be able to be driven by a specified role. We have also simplified the crewing system to require two players to operate a vehicle, with optional passengers and commander positions.

The reason we have done this is due to our total player count. In reality, five men were required to crew a Sherman tank. Therefore, if we want to field 3-5 Shermans, the US forces would be left with 25 men at most to fill the infantry, supply, artillery, commander and reconnaissance positions across a 2km frontline. By simplifying to 2 man crews, forces are able to deploy a proportionally accurate variety of vehicles.